Under the direction of the Director of Accounting with broad latitude for independent judgment, action and decision making, the Jr. Accountant is mainly responsible for general ledger closing entries, account reconciliations and sales tax returns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Posts monthly GL closing entries for all businesses, including appropriate support.
- Maintains reconciliations of all accounts on a monthly basis. Including intercompany accounts.
- Completes and timely remits sales tax returns on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Assists the Accounts Receivable team and Accounts Payable team, as directed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as directed by the Director of Accounting.
- Excel skills required
- Detail oriented
- Ability to organize multiple work assignments and establish priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Account reconciliation experience a plus.
- Accounting education required.