BLS within 3 months of hire
Experience is required
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of physicians.
education/training, credentials and experience
1. Colorado LPN license in good standing, or graduate from a Medical Assistant program, or equivalent experience.
2. One to two years experience in clinic preferred.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (Licensure, registration, etc)
1. BLS certification required by the end of conditional period.
knowledge, skill and ability
1. Knowledge of medical assistant scope of practice to assist in assessing patient needs and administering and evaluating patient care.
2. Knowledge of human growth and development to inform and guide interaction with and care for patients ages newborn to geriatric.
3. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
4. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
5. Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems to administer patient care.
6. Knowledge of CLIA, OSHA and JCAHO regulations.
7. Knowledge of Corporate Compliance regulations.
8. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
9. Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
10. Skill in taking vital signs.
11. Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
12. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
13. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, physicians, and the public.
14. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
15. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
16. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
17. Ability to communicate clearly.
18. Ability to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
19. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply written guidelines and procedures to standard work practices.
Working environment/Physical Activities
1. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal and other conditions common to a clinic environment, including blood and body fluids.
2. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
3. Involves standing and walking.
4. Occasionally assists lifting and carrying patients weighing up to 50 pounds.
5. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
Boulder Community Hospital - 2 years ago