Berlin Nursing and Rehabilitation is seeking a Nurse Liaison. Please read description below:
The Nurse Liaison serves as the liaison between hospitals and other referral sources and the nursing home. The Nurse Liaison follows up on hospitalized residents and interfaces with the hospital, resident and the resident"s family. The Nurse Liaison serves as a marketing resource to hospital referrers as well as specialty physicians.
- Coordinates and facilitates Marketing Presentations to area hospitals and other community referral sources
- Coordinates the admission process for Berlin Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Facilitates the restructuring of the admission process and the development of each "A" Team, for the facility
- Reviews and approves all denied referrals for the facility , in collaboration with the NHA and DON
- Assures and facilitates, open communication with the Admission Directors and facility administrative staff
- Submits a monthly report to the corporate management
- Coordinates and develops marketing projects with referral sources
- Facilitates and plans, facility meetings, as they apply to admissions
- Implement corporate initiatives and projects
- Assesses and screens potential residents for admission
- Interfaces with area hospitals, physicians, and other community referral source personnel, patients and families to enhance our referral base and increase census.
- Collaborates with physicians, consultants and contract services
- Develops a working relationship with area hospitals and community referral sources to increase our referral base and increase census
- Implement and oversee, an efficient admission process
- Develop a marketing plan to increase referral sources and maintain these marketing contacts with follow-up communication &/or on-going visits and meetings
- Monitor the census in the facility and assist with the implementation of each facility"s census development plan
- Acquire a working knowledge of reimbursement, as it applies to the admission process
- Manage marketing expenses within the budget
- Prepares and facilitates marketing presentations
- Maintains current education and enhances knowledge, through continuing education and applies the knowledge learned, to job responsibilities
- Reviews documentation and conducts on sight evaluations as needed for potential new admissions. Preadmission screening includes determinations of the RUGs category that the resident will fall into.
- Assesses potential new admits to determine if the facility can meet the resident needs.
- Coordinates admissions in conjunction with the Admissions Director.
- Assesses cost to facility for providing care for the resident and compares to reimbursement per RUGs category or other source or reimbursement.
- Serves as liaison to the community, hospitals, and other referral sources such as specialty physicians.
- Knowledge of the Resident Assessment Instruments and Prospective Payment System.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple responsibilities and tasks.
- Flexibility to meet the changing demands and needs of a variety of service providers.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Documentation skills that conform to state and federal long-term regulations and meet professional standards of practice.
- Availability to attend marketing events during non-business hours as required.
- Ability to learn/use computer programs used in Medical Records and the finance office.
- Valid drivers license and access to car during working hours.
Mid-Atlantic Health Care is a modern skilled care company. In addition to the traditional services provided for seniors in the areas of...