Functional Responsibility: For the IT business domain, overall leadership and establishment, planning, direction, and execution oversight of IT solutions. Understanding of associated communications networks, systems, and software as required.
Expertise may be desired in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Experience identifying and resolving network communications and system software problems, as well as, supporting users and user applications
- Experience supporting computers running Microsoft Windows NT, UNIX, LINUX, or Solaris operating systems
- Maintain networks, install and maintain software for numerous users or systems via modern communications technology
- Experience installing, loading, configuring operating system software; troubleshooting; installing the desktop and installing applications
- Experience with operating system backup and restoration using the provided system tools and third party commercial products.
- Proficiency with applicable network devices to include repeaters, bridges, routers, gateways, and hubs
- Experience with external network communications such as NSANET.
- Proficiency in developing and delivering program briefings, technical presentations, program documentation, technical writing and problem reporting to upper level government management
Certification and Training:
- Solaris 10 Systems
- VMWare or Sun Virtualization
- Red Hat Linux
- Active Directory, Exchange and Windows Servers
- Understanding of Systems Security
- Cisco Routers
At least 3 years of professional experience and training commensurate
with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
ClearanceJobs.com - 16 months ago