Company: Genesis Consulting is a strategic management consulting
firm focused on transforming organizations with Enterprise systems. For more
than 18 years, our leaders have provided world class SAP solutions to customers
around the globe with specific experience in both the Public Sector and
Commercial industries. Built of industry leading talent, our high-performing
teams focus intently on added value and flawless execution. Through senior
leadership and hands-on consulting expertise, we help organizations promote
business effectiveness and efficiency by delivering quality products and
services. At Genesis Consulting, an equal opportunity employer, we believe in
teamwork, collaboration, and delivering results with consistently high
Location: Southeast VA
Duration: 6 month contract plus ext. / 3 month Contract to hire
Industry: Discrete Manufacturing / Aerospace & Defense
Rate: Negotiable hourly contract / Salary
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design and support of
software or hardware solutions that meet the business needs of the customer. The
primary area of focus will be solutions for Manufacturing processes and Bill of
Materials with a background in SAP PP and other interfacing SAP modules and
systems. The individual will follow an internal CMMI-based SDLC process and
perform requirements analysis, specification development, system design and
testing associated with implementation and support of SAP and other engineering
applications. The individual needs the ability to work with and lead teams
consisting of project management, systems engineers/business analysts, technical
resources, process leads, and system users to ensure the effective and efficient
delivery of business process enhancements.
customer enhancement challenges and issues using a high degree of insight,
- Identify and implement solutions to broad, complex, and critical
research, and analytical skills, to develop new or enhanced methods and
techniques to resolve problems.
approaches, identifying resources, and developing timelines. Leverage lifecycle
- Contribute to the overall planning of projects by recommending
implementation experience to anticipate changes required in project plans and
processes. Effectively communicate issues and alternative solutions. Takes
initiative to achieve valued-added results and improve upon solutions offered.
Manage project scope and customer expectations. Plan and organize the work of
- Lead small work teams (2-6 professionals) on various sized projects.
the team and ensure that accepted project methodology, techniques, tools and
solutions are being followed. Monitor and report on project status and
determines, monitors, and reports on project status.
customer, project managers and team members. Ensure the successful
- Develop and foster collaborative working relationships with the
implementation of assigned projects through the entire project lifecycle.
Deliver quality products on time and within budget.
Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- A minimum of 9 years IT experience with BS, or 7 years with MS, in
feed the Core SAP BOM transactions.
- Has extensive knowledge of core BOM Transactions (PP Module) in SAP.
- Has knowledge of Change Management in SAP.
- Has knowledge of CATIA to SAP interface.
- Has knowledge of Teamcenter to SAP interface.
- Has knowledge of BOM to Network Order/Production Order relationship.
- Must be able to work with custom front end BOM transactions which
o EBOM Transaction
o PBOM Transaction
o EBOM to PBOM Posting Transaction
o Change Notification Alteration Report
o BOM Compare transactions (EBOM TO PBOM, EBOM TO Material Planning, PBOM to
Network Order, BOM to Production Order)
known as IEPG) is a plus.
- Demonstrated proactive technical leadership of IT implementations
- Demonstrated facilitation skills and IT systems design experience
- Previous implementation experience using the CMMI process (internally
reporting tools into SAP
- In depth knowledge in integration of third party interfaces and
monitoring and effectively tracking project progress.
- Experienced in managing projects and modules planning, executing,
Implementation, Development, Configuration, Production, Support, Unit and
- Expertise on Business Process Re-engineering, Blueprinting,
Integration Testing, Training and Documentation.
individually as well as in a team.
- System’s engineering mindset
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional ability to perform
- Discrete manufacturing and/or Aerospace & defense industry consulting
- Experience integrating SAP with Siemens Team center
- Experience utilizing CMMI IEPG processes.
- Previous experience as Lead SAP Consultant