Provide leadership and direction for the clinical and/or business operation of an assigned service area to ensure the delivery of quality healthcare and the development of services according to the mission, vision, and strategic goals of Sanford Health. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Nursing required in most areas; Master's degree in Nursing required if designated by regulatory guidelines. Must have knowledge of clinical practices, administrative, management, and finance principles. Must have at least five years demonstrated managerial experience. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Requires current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state, or states, of practice.
Job Specific Competencies
- Participates in service area and business planning for the aggregate to accomplish operational and strategic goals of the organization.
- Ensures that professional standards of disciplines are supervised and accomplished.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a care delivery model for area of service accountability.
- In collaboration with the managing physician partner, develops and supports provider practices to include access, physician practice reports, revenue analysis, and billing/coding documentation.
- Demonstrates a high degree of understanding of business and operational processes in order to enhance medical group development.
- Demonstrates the ability to recruit and retain high quality staff with a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates professionalism and positive attitudes toward Sanford and other associates.
- Initiates and/or participates in the development of new business ventures and/or service delivery options.
- Markets and promotes programs and/or services to area businesses/other health care providers.
- Develops and maintains community relationships as it relates to the continuum of service for the aggregate.
- Manages donated funds, grants and contracts (if appropriate).
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Professionalism/Integrity - Models high standards of principles, values and ethics through policy decisions, professional duties, and personal actions in the organization and the community.
- Leadership/Visualization - Monitors and anticipates changes with the health care industry. Seeks input from others and provides direction to associates; listens and communicates to ensure acceptance and ownership of strategic and operational direction as well as the accomplishment of organizational goals.
- Manages Money - Ensures good stewardship of financial resources through generating revenue and/or controlling costs; provides oversight for the financial condition of area of responsibility by managing effectively within budget.
- Manages Human Resources - Promotes high levels of associate engagement, performance, and retention, and allocates resources consistent with Sanford's mission of service.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving - Gathers information, selects the best strategy, implements and evaluates decisions to assure continuous improvement and contribution to the long-term best interest of Sanford and its constituents.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
Number of staff varies by service area.
Dimension will vary based on accountabilities.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 18 months ago