Purpose of Role:
This position is accountable for executing R&D engineering developments for the Petcare BU focused on product formats that align with the BU strategy and platform technologies. This position oversees conceptual design and development activities, determines the sequence of development operations, and determines equipment and prototype requirements. Significant collaboration is expected with all managers and developers in the product and technology areas, marketing, quality services and process development.
"Every associate at Mars has a responsibility for the achievement of quality food" safety"
- Delivery of scalable packaging innovation collaboratively developed with key peer groups to achieve exceptional packaging attributes that enhance the consumer experience with the overall proposition.
- Identification and evaluation of innovative packaging and processing options based on product attribute requirements including evaluation based on technical and economic feasibility
- Provide technical support to packaging development, QS and manufacturing on new or existing manufacturing processes
- Collaboration with Central Engineering on relevant projects
- Direct leadership of key engineering development projects
- Build/maintain networks with the Technology, Product Implementation, Packaging, Engineering, QS and Platform Technology teams
- Translate technology ideas into visual, physical models and working prototypes
- Provide scalable technology platforms for the Petcare BU
- Develop "product with package" designs that leverage customer/consumer needs
- Application of technologies which effectively change consumer awareness and perceived value while driving towards positive FATR, and COGS results
- Identification of key enabling technologies supporting Petcare SBU
- Leverage of technologies across all SBU's when feasible
- Delivery of IP for technical insulation of new technology
- Advance Lean (value-added) development principles
- Manage scale-up risk and introduction of technology into supply chain
- Project, Budget, Associate Management
Mission Critical Competencies
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Conflict Management
- Integrity and Trust
- Motivating Others
- Self Development
- Innovation Management
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Science and Technology
- Consistently meets or exceeds the standards and expectations of internal and external customers and consumers
- Creative, value-added thinking
- Broad working knowledge of food science and industry best practices, packaging science, consumer needs/trends, and potential relevant technologies - scenario thinking
- Demonstrated process and packaging science, packaging engineering, machine design development and design through virtual prototyping methods
- Team building and effectiveness
- Business system process development with focus on speed-to-market
- Technology hurdle identification, resourcing and management to timeline
- +5 years in R&D or Engineering development
- Proven creative, value-added, results producer
- Proven project management ability.
- Ability to multi-task and plan and organize activities.
- Energetic with strong creativity skills.
- Knowledge and use of relevant techniques and their influence on packaging, equipment, and technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of relevant manufacturing technology.
- Knowledge and use of relevant regulatory requirements.
Decision Making Authority and Impact
- BS/MS/PHD in Engineering/Technology
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
- Forming effective knowledge/technology teams (internal and external) to overcome hurdles to advance ideas and concepts
- Identification of "gap" key enabling technologies
- Development process optimization
- Budget funding and spending
- Test environment safety process and protocol
- Lean standards development
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars Petcare US is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Research and Development
Mars - 2 years ago
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...