Come be a part of one of the largest digital information facilities in the world!
Established by Congress in 1861, GPO is transforming itself as an agency and as a business. We provide other agencies with innovative services for the printing, publishing, storage, and distribution of digital content. The public will enjoy permanent access to digital government information, acquiring it quickly, easily, and with confidence in its authenticity. GPO employees are proud of their abilities and passionate about their craft. Whether your expertise is in putting ink on paper, commanding a digital output system, or engineering the delivery of information online, wed like to talk to you.
This position is located in the Office of Programs, Strategy and Technology, Office of the Chief of Staff,
Selectee will work Shift 1 and have a tour of duty of 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Selectees must pass a drug test prior to appointment.
- Selectees must pass a background check prior to appointment.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized.
- Males born after 12/03/59 must be registered for Selective Service
As a senior team member, the employee will work to identify and subsequently ensure the reliability and robustness of state-of- the-art technology. This includes ensuring that technologies are consistent with GPOs enterprise architecture. The reliability and robustness of technology will ensure the success of cutting-edge developments implemented in GPO systems and technical programs, and as specifically related to GPOs Federal Digital System (FDsys). Duties and responsibilities include:
- Leading cross-functional teams on broad and complex assignments particularly related to emerging technologies.
- Defining the architecture, components, modules, interfaces, and data for systems to satisfy specified customer business requirements.
- Serving as primary oversight for architecture activities being conducted on behalf of programs such as FDsys, and ensuring that sound system engineering and architecture principles are being followed.
- Analyzing and preparing recommendations to address existing and portentially troubling areas in systems and procedures; and designing and recommending new solutions in relation to FDsys hardware/software design.
- Researching, identifying, prototyping, testing, certifying, and selecting technology products required for solution delivery.
- Provide GPO management with options and recommendations for effective operations; as well as advising of regulatory and legal requirements affecting operations.
- Lead efforts to prepare documents including architecture diagrams, data models, and navigation maps to ensure products are updated and maintained in accordance with Configuration Management practices.
- Coordinating and recommending the purchase of major technology solutions for FDsys business needs.
- Acting as spokesperson and advocate to foster a Government-wide awareness of identified technology
- Maintaining a thorough/current awareness of enterprise wide GPO capabilities.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience at the PG-13 (or equivalent) level or higher. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience includes: Using a wide range of analytical methods to identify, evaluate and select innovative or emerging technologies to improve business solutions; following engineering practices to design and implement large scale enterprise systems; developing project plans and managing projects for complex software - intensive systems; leading and participating in innovative applications development and support; strategic planning and implementing technology refresh for mission-critical systems; advising senior officials on regulatory and legal requirements related to management of technological solutions.
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Merit Promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. For example, o ne year of experience at the PG-13 level or equivalent grade level of federal service is required to qualify for the PG-14 level.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement Monday, March 11, 2013 .
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated on your responses to the assessment questionnaire then we will compare it against your resume and supporting documentation. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
You will be further evaluated on the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) and/or Competencies required for the position:
- Knowledge of the key elements and the kinds of activities involved in operating a technology innovation program including: understanding of important mission elements such as product concept selection, system design, system development, test planning, and proofs of concept to support business requirements.
- Mastery of a wide range of analytical methods for product assessment and process improvement to assess execution and performance of technological solutions.
- Ability to express ideas, policies, regulatory and legislative issues in a concise convincing manner; and to translate complex technical terminology, solutions, and processes in a way that functional users can easily understand
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing to develop project plans, proposals, and all other documents associated with innovative initiatives.
We DO NOT require a separate narrative statement responding to the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) and/or competencies, however your resume should CLEARLY show possession of these competencies.
For Competitive Applicants/All US Citizens - If you meet the qualification requirements listed above, your application will be rated based on your online questionnaire and supporting documents. Your application will be placed in one of three categories : Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified . Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. If your final rating places you among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
For Merit Promotion Applicants - If you meet the qualification requirements listed above, your application will be rated based on your online questionnaire and supporting documents . If your final rating places you among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
Merit Promotion Eligibility:
This position is open to all U.S. Citizens AND Merit Promotion eligibles (also known as "status candidates"). When answering the "Occupational Specialties" section of the occupational questionnaire, you will be asked to select whether you are applying under "All U.S. Citizens (Competitive)" or "Status Candidates (Merit Promotion)". If you do not meet one of the categories below, you should select "All U.S. Citizens (Competitive)". Please note that Merit Promotion eligibles may also elect to be considered under "All U.S. Citizens (Competitive)".
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. We offer a broad array of benefits programs and family friendly flexibilities to meet your needs, as well as your family's needs. These benefits include, but are not limited to: health care, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, annual and sick leave, long-term care insurance, retirement savings plans. For more information about these benefits, please visit: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp#icc .
- Current career or career-conditional employees: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/transfers.asp#icc
- 30% Disabled Veterans: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx
- Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA): http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx
- Certain Military Spouses: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shams/index.aspx
- Reinstatement: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/reinstatementeligibility.asp#icc
- Family Member Preference (Derived Preference): http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/familypref/index.aspx
- A severely physically handicapped Schedule A appointment: Please submit a certification from a State or District of Columbia rehabilitation counselor indicating that you can perform the duties of this position and are eligible for an excepted appointment based on a physical or mental disability.
- A former Peace Corps or VISTA Volunteers appointment: Please submit documentation indicating your volunteer service in order to be considered .
Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
usajobs.gov - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard