The Senior Storage Engineer is responsible for providing senior-level technical review, engineering, administration, analysis, trending, and reporting of all supported storage configurations. The Senior Storage Engineer will serve as a staff consultant and provide specialized analysis, testing, and implementation of hardware and software.
Primary duties will include high-level administration of storage hardware and software in a multi-platform environment, as well as technical documentation, project management, engineering, issue resolution, and technical presentations. The Senior Storage Engineer should be highly motivated and work with little or no supervision through highly technical and demanding requirements. Can be relied upon to make good decisions and help mentor personnel in junior level positions
- Administration of the Storage Hardware and Software environment.
Develops and supports:
- Administers the technical resources for all vendors' hardware and third party software.
- Support any disaster recovery replication technologies implemented, such as SRDF or TimeFinder.
- Monitors Remedy to resolve all SAN and Disk issues and for any tasks requesting service.
- Guides and directs activities for all storage related hardware and software including server related components (HBA, firmware, OS levels, maintenance levels, drivers, pathing software, and other host components)
- Responsible for all problem determination / problem resolution activities including troubleshooting, and provides management reports, and root cause analysis.
- Develops / supports system engineering and technical design for storage solutions on all platforms and for application specific tools and methodologies.
- Engineering and support of the DR replication solution implemented.
- Product evaluation and investigates, analyzes, and evaluates vendor tools and solutions.
- Complex problem resolution related to interfaces and connectivity of multiple hardware platforms, operating systems, database management systems, and other applications.
- Business continuity solutions and assists in developing plans for disaster recovery.
- Identifies and documents IT&S Storage processes and procedures.
- Certification for multiple hardware platforms and the interrelationship / Interoperatibility of different operating systems and complex environments.
- Patch management, release management, configuration management.
- Attends management reviews and user meetings as the Storage Management representative as required.
- Provides input and recommendations in regard to short and long range departmental planning in the area of Storage Management.
- Assists with the education and training of personnel in the area of Storage Management.
- Participates in the Disaster/Recovery effort.
- Provides 7 day 24 hour support for all Storage Management related problems and concerns.
- Monitors Disk and SAN port usage on a daily basis for errors, data spikes or capacity issues.
- Monitors Disk usage and SAN switches to assure standards are followed
- Qualified candidates will have 3-7 years of relevant work experience.
- College graduate preferred with technical training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must carry a pager or cell phone and be able to respond immediately to emergency Conditions. Must be able to lift 25 pounds. Must be able to work long days and available for weekends.
- Windows, AIX, SUN, LINUX, ZOS, AS400
- Timefinder, Replication manager, HSSM, ECC control center, Storage Scope, Optimizer ,Solutions Enabler SRDF, HDLM, Powerpath, SAN manager, Arkivio, HI-Command, Tuning Manager
- EMC DMX3,DMX4,VMAX, DMX2K,DMX800,CX series, NAS Gateways,
- IBM XIV
- NetApp NAS gateway
- Cisco SAN switches(MDS9513), Mcdata Switches (MD6140).