Come Do Your Best Work Here!
Harrah's Entertainment, Inc. is the world's largest provider of branded casino entertainment. Since its beginning in Reno , Nevada almost 70 years ago, Harrah's has grown through development of new properties, expansions and acquisitions. On June 13, 2005, Harrah's Entertainment acquired Caesars Entertainment, Inc. and now owns or manages through various subsidiaries more than 54 casinos in five countries, primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names. With nearly 4 million square feet of casino space, more than 40,000 hotel rooms and nearly 70,000 employees, the Harrah's portfolio is the most diverse in the gaming industry. Harrah's Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its customers through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership.
For addition information regarding Harrah’s Entertainment, please visit: http://www.harrahs.com/harrahs-corporate/index.html
The Director, Interactive and Social Media will a team of professionals to support Hotel/Casino digital and social media marketing across the enterprise. This includes providing expert advice and driving ROI and other relevant metrics for online advertising, social media, email marketing and site content for Hotels/Casino and corporate departments both directly and by supporting a team of 9-10 that will work with or that will provide daily support for the Hotel/Casinos. The Director, Interactive and Social Media will also lead key projects and develop new capabilities that will support the hotels/casinos and business overall.
Essential job functions include :
o Some technical understanding of Internet technologies/tools including user experience design, graphic design, content creation, usability testing and site management preferred. Experience with Web 2.0 sites.
- Own the P&L for online and social media marketing, including managing the Corporate-owned budget to meet company-wide hotel occupancy goals and 37+ properties’ business metrics (F&B, entertainment ticket sales, loyalty program member acquisition, etc). Direct and digital budget optimization and continual budget management experience required. Provide weekly forecasts, analyze and track performance and success metrics of the overall budget and online/social marketing campaigns enterprise-wide.
- Training, motivating and supporting a team of ten professionals including Director of Internet, Social Media Manager, and Internet Marketing Managers and Specialists as they create and execute successful integrated marketing campaigns and promotions across all properties.
- Setting clear, integrated digital and social media strategies and ensuring measurable results.
- Expert in integrated marketing and CRM. Will be collaborating with brand teams and brand agencies, loyalty team, promotions team, and range of amenities and experiences in addition to tradition media, mobile/email and direct marketing channel teams to deliver a cohesive brand experience to consumers. Understanding of contact strategies and experience supporting multi-channel campaigns through digital media is essential.
- Responsible for evolving and driving company-wide social media and service/CRM strategy.
- Deep marketing analytical skills essential, including technical and tactical understanding of all display, search and SEO metrics, ability to design statistically significant in-market tests and work closely with peer marketers, hotel/casino marketers, revenue managers and agencies to drive and measure performance.
- 15+ year expert in online/digital marketing for consumer and experiential brands, including display and search media, paid search and SEO, social media, social CRM, online customer service, online video, rich media, email, familiarity with mobile-social marketing and GPS-driven programs, affiliate marketing, online research tools, video technologies. Expert in tracking and technologies including DART/Atlas/Omniture. Understanding of wholesale distribution and strategies to optimize overall results in travel and entertainment category a plus. Experience with PR and digital integration a plus.
- Strategic management of marketing partners and/or sponsored relationships. Experience in creating online partnerships with publishers/content providers and technologies a plus.
- Managing agency partners for digital marketing, SEO, tracking/tagging, social media campaigns, emerging technologies, promotions.
- Ensuring and building the company’s internal and external leadership in online and social media, direct and digital marketing in online.
- Property Consulting and Guidance – reinforcing standards and guidelines
Outstanding Team Builder: Ability to build, motivate, and inspire an enterprise-focused team. Strong managerial and supervisory skills and previous experience managing interactive marketing teams. Experience managing at least ten direct reports. Strong performance manager. · Role Model: Charismatic leader with ability to create a positive work environment, foster an innovative, collaborative and open culture and be a motivator for the company. Experienced in interacting with executive counterparts in major corporations. Must be a team player across diverse groups. Ability to work well in complex organizations with multiple stakeholders. Public industry thought-leadership and speaking experience desired.
Results-driven: Successful track record of leading exponential business growth in dynamic/changing marketing environments. Passionate: Desire to excel at driving sustained market leadership within and beyond a challenging economic environment. Innovative thinker and leader · Action Oriented: Hands on leader with proven track record of driving high levels of customer satisfaction, process implementation and service delivery efficiency. Outstanding client management skills, as properties are in many ways clients and partners. Partner with the properties to continually balance resources against priorities
o Desirable past experience includes: Email Marketing, Online Advertising and site performance reporting and analytics, social media marketing.
- Category Expert: Experience delivering online/interactive marketing products and services to enterprise customers. Experience with the travel and/or entertainment vertical is a plus. Strong knowledge of web technologies & methodologies and understanding of editorial standards for online environments. Be seen by properties and corporate teams as a subject matter expert.
o Solid understand of social media and experience launching social campaigns with demonstrated results and service/CRM delivery. Experience in viral marketing, engaging bloggers and influencers, harnessing brand ambassadors and driving word of mouth programs
o Experience working with content management systems, Interwoven a plus.
Complete implementation skills: Experienced in managing a services group that is responsible for successful client campaign management, including all planning and execution responsibilities Experience managing consultative, "high-touch" services team; highly skilled in analyzing complex client problems, defining effective solutions Experienced in delivering post-implementation support to measure results, optimize campaigns while in-market, make and implement recommendations to improve future results, share best practices · Accountable . Ability to take ownership and initiative, and work independently. Strong work ethic and recognition that the company is a 24-7 business. Be comfortable and happy as both a “doer” and a leader.
Decisive and Analytical: Analytical thinker who can make swift decisions in a fast-changing market and adapt to changes whilst delivering results Metrics & Process Driven: Manage overall service delivery process, set appropriate metrics and SLAs for client management and establish performance benchmarks Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the team’s methods, costs, and results. Strong expertise in reporting and analytics, with senior-level analysis and presentation skills a must Absolute expert in Excel, along with other Microsoft Office applications, and Access · Versatile in communication at all levels of the organization . Proven ability to translate tactical complexity into CXO-level communications (PPT, email). Proven ability to set and deliver on interactive strategies and present concepts to senior leaders and senior marketers. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Organized, Disciplined and Responsive: Outstanding project management skills . Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively – handling multiple high priority projects concurrently, reacting quickly to shifting priorities. Excellent attention to detail, superior communication, writing, presentation, and follow-up skills.
o Moderate travel will be required (1x month)
o Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years working experience in online marketing, social media, email marketing, site content management, and cross-channel integration of online channels. MBA is highly preferred.
Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
As part of Harrah’s Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a background check, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks include:
Prior Employment Verification Education Verification Social Security Trace Criminal Background Check Drug Screen Motor Vehicles Records (where required for position)
For a listing of all opportunities at Harrah’s Entertainment, please go to www.harrahsjobs.com
Harrah's Entertainment - 3 years ago