The Senior Site Manager will lead a small tactical management team with accountability for business performance of a portfolio of company-owned and/or –managed wean-to-market pig production farms. Implement performance management systems to ensure the continued growth of technical and leadership capacities of team members, including on-boarding, training, continued development, and daily coaching. Provide daily management oversight for a portfolio of production farms, directly managing employees and supporting a small team of Site Managers in same. Ensure consistent implementation of Best Management Practices on farm that drive productivity, optimize efficiency, promote sustainability, and safeguard the well-being of the animals. Collaborate with and closely align with other divisions to consistently deliver best-in-class quality products and services to our customers.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
- Team Leadership
- Provide direct leadership to a small tactical management team, through strong communication, goal setting, and routine coaching of management behaviors.
- Establish a formal performance management program for all team members to drive performance, reinforce positive behaviors, and enhance leadership.
- Implement on-boarding, training, and coaching programs to develop technical and leadership capacity within the Team, with emphasis on development of Junior Site Managers.
- Program Execution
- Directly manage production employees within a portfolio of pig production farms, including scheduling of workers, pig transport, barn wash labor, and vaccination labor.
- Maintain and manage a local inventory of parts, supplies, and medications.
- Ensure consistent implementation of best management practices in the barns, including sound practices to safeguard bio-security at all times.
- Routinely inspect facilities to validate employee performance and solve problems.
- Collaborate with support Divisions to ensure that facilities are maintained in such a fashion as to optimize the housing environment for the animals.
- Implement principles of total quality management in pig production.
- Fiduciary Responsibility.
- Routinely review operating costs and revenue performance for production farms within assigned scope of responsibilities.
- Maintain sharp focus on daily management to reduce controllable costs.
- Support field reporting systems that drive analysis and reporting of key success factors.
- Sustainability and Stewardship.
- Ensure implementation of best management practices consistent with commonly accepted standards for animal welfare
- Ensure that pig production is conducted in a manner that safeguards the environment, protects worker safety, and maintains regulatory compliance.
- Customer Service.
- Collaborate and closely align with other divisions in the business group to consistently and efficiently deliver best-in-class quality products and services to our customers.
- Encourage and foster seamless working relationships with support divisions.
- Execute a standard site auditing and corrective action system to identify and solve problems at the farm level.
- Contribute to strengthening relationships with employees.
- Education -- High School Diploma or equivelant required. Associates Degree in Animal Science or related agriculture field preferred.
- Experience -- 1-3 years in swine or other livestock production. Experience with direct employee leadership is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Animal science as applied in modern swine production systems
- Best Management Practices for swine production
- Information Management Systems for swine production
- Quality Management Systems, Process Verification
- Employee management Occupational safety policies and related program requirements
- Fundamental financial drivers to enable sound decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Organization, planning, and scheduling
- Adapting to new and changing technology
- Utilizing computer software tools
- Lead, develop, coach and motivate others
- Deliver uncompromising commitment to customer service
- Make sound business decisions
- Think strategically about pig production issues
- Participate in technical discussions around pig production
We offer competitive wages and an exceptional benefits package including the use of a company vehicle.
The Maschhoffs - 9 months ago