Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico, in southeast Albuquerque, is nestled between the Sandia and Manzano mountain ranges. It is home to Air Force Materiel Command's Nuclear Weapons Center and its subordinate wings. It is also home to the Directed Energy and Space Vehicle Directorates of the Air Force Research Laboratory.
THIS IS A 90 DAY STANDING REGISTER
90 Day Register: This announcement will result in a 90 day register (list of eligible candidates) that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN DESIGNATED FOR DRUG TESTING. IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO URINALYSIS TESTING PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT AND YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO RANDOM URINALYSIS TESTING AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
This is a centrally managed position by the Security Career Field.
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Current/prior federal civilian applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the next lower grade, or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THESE DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT (BY 11:59PM EASTERN TIME):
1. Résumé, for each block of work experience you must include mo/year (starting/ending dates), salary, hours per week, job title, supervisors name/phone number (may we contact statement).
2. Responses to the on-line Occupational Questionnaire.
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel and relocation expenses will be paid
Back to top
As a Security Specialist GS-0080-12, you will serve as senior acquisition program manager providing specialized security, advice and guidance also Special Access Program Officer (SAP) providing information, industrial, physical, and personnel security program functions all of AFRL PRS and other sites under the cognizance of the AFRL PRS Program Security Office.
You will also:
- Implement and administers the Industrial and physical Security Program.
- Advise on and administers the information Security Program for the organization.
- Implement and administer the Personnel Security Program for the organization.
- Administer an effective and cost-efficient security program for a research and development function.
- Assist government and contractor security managers in implementing security education and motivation programs.
Back to top
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level close to the work of this position that has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform. Typically, we would find this experience in work within this field that is closely related. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade level GS-11, pay band or equivalent.
as knowledge of a wide range of security concepts, principles, and practices to review, independently analyze, and resolve difficult and complex security problems; apply policy direction to contractors and program security matters which require judgment, discretion, and ingenuity for proper solutions for monitoring the effectiveness of compliance with directives, policies and regulations and for planning security protection program.
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of information, industrial, physical, and personnel security concepts, principals, and practices to plan and implement security programs in these areas.
2. Knowledge of required security training concepts, procedures, and practices to assist managers in establishing and operating internal security programs.
3. Skill in developing, analyzing, and evaluating security programs to meet mission requirements and improve the security program for the Kirtland AFRL organizations
4. Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Back to top
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
1. Position is in the research and development environment, familiarity with the acquisition process is necessary.
2. The employee may be subjected to random drug testing.
3. A single scope background investigation (SSBI) is required and incumbent is required to qualify for a final Top Secret (TS) clearance with Sensitive Compartment Information (SCI) access on a continuous basis. Other Special Access Program (SAP) requirements are applicable to specific supported programs or those interfacing with that project, as required. To insure no conflict of interest aspects associated with source selection or contractual matters, the incumbent must submit OGE form 450, confidential Statement of Employment and Financial interest, annually to the supervisor.
4. May be required to travel on commercial and military aircraft for TDY.
INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
: The work is performed in an office environment and other AFRL locations. Long periods of walking, standing, bending or carry of light items such as files or office supplies. Some exertion is required for periodic facility inspections and security system inspections. This may include walking, climbing, crawling, moderately heavy lifting, and (not exceeding 40 lb.) Must be able to work under occasional periods of extreme pressure resulting from project demands and work odd/extended hours. Temporary duty (TDY) within and potentially outside the United States will be required at various time
The work is primarily performed in an office setting with adequate lighting, heat and ventilation.
The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions. During TDY and special assignment periods, incumbent may be exposed to construction and industrial environments, high levels of noise, high and low temperature variations and therefore, is required to wear a hard hat, earplugs, safety shoes, glasses, etc. During site visits/inspections.
If you are deaf or Hard of Hearing and need assistance via TDD/TTY, please contact Andrea Rathbun at (801) 586-1819.
Special Employment Consideration:
Individuals with disabilities possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the U.S. Air Force mission. For further information or to determine your eligibility click here:
Special Hiring Authorities
) Applicants who are selected must meet the qualification requirements and be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. If you are eligible and wish to be considered for non-competitive appointment, please indicate "5CFR 213.3102(u)" on your resume or state you are an individual with a disability eligible for a Schedule A appointment and follow all other instructions for applying.
Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. For more information on this policy please go to:
Appointing Authority allows agencies to appoint a military spouse without competition for a maximum of 2 years from the date on the documents required to prove eligibility. Additional information regarding this authority can be obtained at:
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility, qualifications, and/or rating.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement:
To begin the process, click the
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume - If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page
using the following Vacancy ID 836729. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to
. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
In Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire, you
that the numbering restarts with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section. The numbers on the 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire once it restarts with number one. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications within 2 business days. A list of required documents for each eligibility may be located
Eligibility Documentation, SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
Individuals with Disabilities - Eligibility for appointment under this authority consists of two parts. Click
- Transcripts, if qualifying based on education or positive education series
for more information
Any questions concerning this announcement may be addressed to Breck Smith (801)586-9869 BRECK.SMITH@HILL.AF.MIL. The subject line of your email must indicate the announcement number only (i.e., 8Y-HILL-836729-793553-BOS). Email inquiries are to address specific questions concerning this announcement.
General inquiries unrelated to a specific announcement will not receive a response
. Responses to inquiries will generally be returned within 2 business days.
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING ALL ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59PM EASTERN TIME ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT,
Monday, February 11, 2013
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
OR TDD WITHIN SAN ANTONIO AREA 565-2276
DO NOT MAIL OR EMAIL CALL ONL,
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...