Under direct supervision, performs basic & routine patient care & clerical duties to assist medical providers in the care & treatment of patients. Primary function is to room patients & facilitate provider schedule. Makes members/patients & their needs a primary focus of one's actions &develops & sustains productive member/patient. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances. Builds rapport & relationships w/ members/patients; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs.
• Performs duties & resp.w/ excellence, enthusiasm, great service demonst. courteous behaviors & by anticipating physician & other needs
• Prepares exam rooms for use by physicians & providers by cleaning, stocking supplies, equipment & instr.
• Reviews & communicates to physician & other providers appt. schedule to determine patient visit order & requests for the day, greets patient to exam or treatment rm. in a respectful & caring manner
• Keeps patients, physician or providers, & team members, informed of physician's or provider's status &/or time delays
• Interviews patient to determine reason for visit; takes patient's vital signs, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature, height & weight; records information in patient's med record; & reports findings to appropriate personnel, according to standard requirements
• Instructs or assists patients in prep. for scheduled procedures in a caring & courteous manner
• Performs basic, routine & regular delegated medical functions & within appropriate scope of practice as inferred by knowledge, skill level, & KP guidelines (vision screening, ear irrigations, hearing tests, hematocrit, tonometry measurements, EKG tests, collecting throat, wound, & sputum specimens, & urine cultures) using approp instruments, techniques, & specimen labeling process
• Supports physicians & providers performing routine exam & treatment procedures by attending patient during procedures & providing appropriate supplies and instruments.
• Performs routine clerical & reception duties, as required, such as completing patient visit records, maintaining dept logs, answering phones & taking messages, checking in patients, & scheduling patient appts
• Prepares treatment rms for special procedures using knowledge of sterile technique
• Cleans, packages & sterilizes reusable supplies & instr. appropriately using germicide solution
•Provides routine verbal and written instructions to patients as specifically directed, such as use of crutches, cast care and wound care; escorts patients to other patient care areas
• Maintains a safe & healthy work environment for patients,self
• Performs duties, such as assisting in orienting & training new employees, transporting equipment or patient, stocking shelves, taking inventories, ordering supplies
• Demonstrates computer literacy for charting & reviewing in an automated med record.
• Works within scope of practice & according to KP policies
• Complies w/regulatory reqts & standards of care
• See Compensation Job Description
• In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors & principles defined by the KP Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives
• Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities & behaviors necessary to provide superior & culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, contracted providers & vendors
• HS graduation or equivalent
• Completion of a Medical Assistant training program of at least 6 months in duration for the Medical Assistant
• Copy of diploma & transcripts from program required.
• Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities & the ability to understand KP customer needs
• Certification as Medical Assistant preferred
Must be able to work with pediatric patients - all age groups
Kaiser Permanente - 12 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...