McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry"s professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
We are currently seeking a Commissioning Engineer to join the team as a member of our growing Inland NW Energy division. This person will be responsible for:
- Understand the design concept and intent by reviewing mechanical construction documentation, including drawings and scheduled equipment
- Provide recommendations and feedback regarding the design, equipment selection, Test and Balance requirements, maintainability and potential enhancements
- Review documentation for compliance with McKinstry control standards, commissioning standards, and control specification (if applicable)
- Assess the capability of control scope and documentation to achieve the mechanical design intent
- Verify the control system point-to-point, including establishing acceptance criteria, obtaining completed reports, performing verification and spot checking for validation
- Verify that control system work station, graphics, alarm dial out, and remote monitoring capabilities are complete per McKinstry standards and contract documents
- Review control as-built documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Communicate noted commissioning issues, questions and concerns through proper channels in a timely manner
- Determine whether the control provider has completed all required responsibilities
- Work with commissioning manager to schedule required equipment calibrations
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Develop project specific commissioning schedule and plans
- Perform project specific static, start-up, and test-adjust-balance field work
- Conduct commissioning coordination meetings as needed with project management, control, balance, and startup representatives
- Maintain, track and operate test equipment
- Write site specific service and maintenance procedures
- Develop a project specific training agenda
- Provide mechanical systems training to assigned McKinstry Service mechanics and/or owners representatives
- Return complete and legible commissioning documentation to the commissioning manager
- Track noted commissioning issues until resolved and closed
- When independent commissioning authorities are involved, coordinate and demonstrate McKinstry"s commissioning activities and documentation
- Represent McKinstry at project specific commissioning coordination meetings
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of control systems.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents (mechanical drawings, specifications, etc.).
- Basic understanding of electrical and fire/life safety systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- BA/BS Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
- Formal HVAC training/education required.
- Five (5) years of experience operating test equipment.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
McKinstry - 19 months ago
For over five decades, McKinstry has been creating and maintaining buildings that keep tenants comfortable and bottom lines healthy. And...