The Cardiovascular Technology/Sonography Clinical Coordinator is responsible for supervision of the clinical education portion of program, as well as the placement and supervision of students at the clinical site. To achieve this goal, it expected that the clinical coordinator will make regular visits to clinical sites where students are being trained, will cultivate new clinical sites and maintain positive relations with existing clinical sites.
- Coordinate completion by students of all clinical competencies, and ensure that all of the objectives are met during the duration of the clinical rotation
- Maintain accurate updated attendance and grades for all students completing the externship components of the program
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of externship competencies for all students completing the externship components of the program
- Ensure there are sufficient and a variety of clinical sites for students to be placed at during their clinical rotation
- Manage special projects as formally assigned by the Program Chair (including, but not limited to, assistance with accreditation preparation, campus events, and supervision of staff)
- Actively engage in retention activities including documented communication with both students and administration
- Work with students in the laboratory to assist them in developing skill proficiencies
- Identify and refer at-risk students to specific academic support services
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus
- Work with Clinical Instructors at affiliates in a cooperative effort to provide smooth and effective clinical training for students
- Provide annual documentation of continuing professional growth in educational theory or techniques and in field; instruction in educational theory or techniques may include such things as college courses, seminars or in-service on topics such as learning theory, curriculum design, test construction, teaching methodology, or assessment techniques
- Conduct Continuing Education Seminars with the Clinical Instructors annually to ensure consistency throughout the clinical sites
- Attend regularly scheduled program meetings, academic in-service workshops, and college-wide meetings
- Adhere to and publicly support academic policies and procedures, including but not limited to, the faculty handbook and catalog
- Assist Program Chair in program evaluation and planning
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect
- Work with Career Services department to assist in moving students from an externship to employed position
- Respond to student questions and concerns on a timely basis
- Attend graduation ceremonies each year
- Complete and maintain an Individual Development Plan/Summary
- Attend regularly scheduled in-services and discipline specific professional development activities
- Complete annual appraisal with Program Chair
- Maintain credentials as required by accrediting councils/agencies and regulatory bodies
- Strong organizational skills
- Must possess either the RDCS or RCS credential
- Proficiency in Word and Outlook
- Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills, as demonstrated by: data sheet, diplomas, degrees, transcripts, certifications, CVs/Resumes, and in personal interview
- Must possess a minimum of a High School Diploma or the equivalent. Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited Sonography related program or an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in the specialty field or subject area. Additionally, the clinical coordinator possesses two (2) years of occupational (i.e., practical) experience in the subject field in which they teach;
- Degreed candidates must have at least two years full-time clinical experience as a general sonographer with specialties in adult echo, cardiology sonography, and vascular.
- Three years’ experience required if candidate has a diploma or certificate only .
- 20 experience in the field required for candidates with a high school diploma or the equivalent only.
- Must be registered and credentialed in the following sonography specialties through ARDMS: RDCS or CCI (RCS). RVT credential a plus.
- Candidates will be required to complete a background check.
Sanford-Brown in Hazelwood is a career-oriented college located in Hazelwood, MO. Since its beginning in 1998, the goal of this college has...