At Ingersoll Rand we’re passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We know that hour by hour and day by day, we advance the quality of life by making environments safe, comfortable and efficient. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Schlage® , Thermo King® , and Trane® , contribute to a world defined by sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Operational Excellence (Lean) Change Agent will support the Value Stream team, under the direction of the Value Stream Coach, in the Lean transformation and daily management initiatives by ensuring strategies are implemented and principles/practices/tools are incorporated in the culture and processes under transformation.
• Implementing tactical strategies to achieve the desired vision
• Executing against long and short-term objectives to support the value stream’s goals
• Working with necessary site personnel to identify, address, and eliminate process related obstacles
• Assisting in the change of systems/processes as required in support of the Lean initiatives
• Utilize value stream mapping techniques to design optimal information, material, and production flow methods
To act as a change agent to bring about improvements in the manufacturing process through the active support, participation and leadership of Rapid Improvement Events; includes:
• Owning pre and post standard work
• Participating in, co-facilitating or facilitating projects, events and “just do-it’s”
• Participating in gemba walks and coaching employees on continuous improvement, standard work development/modification/adherence, flow, takt time attainment, and problem solving abnormalities causing takt misses
Executing key activities as part of Lean Transformation and daily management including tasks such as
• Conducting value stream analyses, cycle time analyses, time studies, line balance improvements, work place analysis and improvement
• Creating and implementing standard work, and teaching/coaching line leaders to do the same
• Obtaining required fixtures, tools, work aids, poke yokes to support work place changes
• Implementing / coaching the use of cell control boards and other visual management tools
• Resolving issues after Rapid Improvement events to achieve desired state
Supporting all activities needed to incorporate Lean Transformation and daily management into the Value Stream culture; including:
• Assisting in identifying on-going training needs, and training others in lean principles
• Supporting communication of the direction of Lean Transformation and daily management initiatives to employees
• Drive OpEx culture change through coaching of employees and leaders to drive lean behaviors, and follow the principles and practices of OpEx
• Must possess strong written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with various audiences at the site level.
• Ability to effectively facilitate a group’s activities and discussions using a defined process.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
• Ability to write reports, general business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to create standard work documents, operational procedures and visual work aids
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates, supervisors and managers at the site level
• Must be viewed credibly as either an informal leader or a positive influencer of change
• Must be a self-motivated learner
• Must possess a strong work ethic
• Ability to mentor team members and facilitate change from a position of Influencer
• Ability to energize and motivate teams
• Ability to recognize conflict and take appropriate action within scope of the role
• Ability to use simple statistical and graphical tools such as pareto analysis
• Ability to interpret manufacturing schematics and blueprints preferred
• Ability to define problem areas, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret a variety of technical procedures/processes and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
• Strong capability with personal computer applications ( Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio)
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATION
• Bachelor degree or equivalent lean manufacturing experience
• Experience working in a world-class Lean working environment highly preferred
• Knowledge of basic Lean Manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement based tools and techniques; Required
• Certification from a recognized provider of Lean Transformation training, desired
Our Security Technologies sector helps make the places we live, work and play safe, secure and productive. Security Technologies supplies global leading commercial security products and services. The segment’s market-leading products include electronic and biometric access control systems; time-and-attendance and personnel scheduling systems; mechanical locks; portable security; and mechanical and electronic security products such as door closers, exit devices, architectural hardware, and steel doors and frames.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ingersoll Rand - 2 years ago
Ingersoll Rand is a global diversified firm in which our people, our products, our systems and our services work together to inspire...