Platfora is revolutionizing the way enterprises view and analyze their data.
We need you to break our software. It’s your job to find creative and methodological ways to figure out what’s wrong with our product, finding the corner cases that a lesser QA professional would miss.
You will be an integral part of the engineering team in a small, startup culture that walks the walk regarding the importance of QA. We need you to apply your keen mind to the questions, “Will the code run?”, “Can it scale?”, and, most importantly, “Will our customers love and use this?” To get to this point, we need your judgment and customer mindset to prioritize what needs testing, and what doesn’t.
You are an engineer who “gets” the importance of creating products that delight customers. You keep their perspective in mind as you work on ways to test (OK: Break!) our software, so you can educate us about code problems and elucidate us about what will cause our customers pain, and what will make the fans of our product.
- Develop expertise in our product solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
- Clearly understand the components that compose the product solution
- Create test plans and test cases for assigned components
- Execute test cases and perform bug tracking and management
- Contribute in building a flexible and scalable automation solution
- Work closely with the design team to help create an amazing user experience
- Help create and implement quality processes and requirements
- Work closely with the team to replicate customer environments
- Own the release decision. Weigh the business needs against quality, listen to the opinions of others, work to gain consensus, and be willing to hold the release... even when it’s not the popular decision
- Identify and communicate risks about our releases. Look beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensure our products deliver value to our customers
- Be able to own and make quality decisions for the solution. Own the release
- Be a customer advocate.
You get bonus points for...
- A track record showing that you are a highly motivated individual, capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a collaborative environment
- Eager to learn from peers
- Experience testing highly dynamic web applications
- Experience testing enterprise applications
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies
- Strong scripting skills (Python/Perl/Shell)
- Strong Unix skills (Ubuntu/Red Hat)
- Strong database skills (SQL)
- Experience with Selenium or a similar automation framework
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking the initiative regarding issues and decisions
- 7+ years of QA experience in a software company
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Knowledge of Hadoop and associated applications (HDFS/MR/Hive)
- Experience testing distributed systems
Platfora - 18 months ago
We love our jobs. At Platfora we're changing the way users explore, visualize, and analyze big data to solve real business problems. We've...