BS in Mechanical or Civil Engineering from accredited university plus 3 to 5 years experience. Experience in the pulp & paper industry is a plus. Proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and MS Project is required.
Qualified candidates will possess the experience and ability to:
- Work independently or as part of a team to evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to capital project assignments.
- Assist in managing all facets of project from conception to start up.
- Exercise judgment in making adaptations and modifications to projects in process.
- Serve as a resource and provide assistance to resolve process/equipment-related issues for the mill.
- Assist with developing, recommending for approval, implementing, monitoring, and maintaining engineering plans, procedures, and policies to ensure that assigned capital projects are completed on time and under budget.
- Prepare the scope, cost estimate, and timing of expenditures for proposed capital and expense projects assigned.
- Provide the technical assistance and direction to construction managers, equipment manufacturers, and contractors during the construction phase of the project. Also direct the efforts of outside engineering consultants and technicians.
- Make recommendation for the proper selection and sourcing of new equipment required for the manufacturing process.
- Assist in optimization and/or redesign of existing systems for various mill departments to provide for continuous improvement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RockTenn to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, handicap, disability, or because he or she is a disabled veteran or a Vietnam Era Veteran.