Who May Apply: All U.S. Citizens
If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you. DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.
This position is being announced using the USA Staffing Application Manager system. Please click the How to Apply tab for instructions on applying for this position.
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Background Investigation
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
- This is a Drug Testing position
- Serve as a senior IT Specialist and systems administrator for the geographically diverse enterprise level environment.
- Develop and implement system diagnostic and maintenance tools for Active Directory and Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) to ensure availability and functionality of the system.
- Evaluate and recommend the selection of new system diagnostic tools.
- Manage the installation of software and hardware, system fixes, updates and enhancements.
- Install and configure commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications and software/hardware enhancements.
- Ensure application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices developing procedures responding to new threats to systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating:
1.) Attention to Detail
2.) Customer Service
3.) Oral Communication
4.) Problem Solving; -OR- Meet the education detailed in the qualification standards .
In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess:
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized Experience is defined: as having a senior administrative level experience working with Microsoft Active Directory within a geographically diverse enterprise level environment, needs experience with Active Directory supporting an Exchange 2010 environment, and Windows PowerShell scripting within a geographically diverse enterprise level environment. Additionally experience performing system remote administration, installation, support and maintenance to servers running MS Windows 2008 server operating systems is required.
Examples of Specialized experience include: Applying operating system and security patches to Microsoft Windows 2008 servers; installing, configuring, testing, and troubleshooting Internet Information Services (IIS), Exchange 2010 and service packs and roll-ups. Building Database Availability Groups, conducting data center switchovers, TMG Access issue troubleshooting and isolation, mail delivery issue troubleshooting, and isolation, message tracking, isolating and removing content deemed undesirable, troubleshooting and isolation of latency issues.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Background or Security Investigation: The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/ADP I clearance . For more information about receiving and maintaining a security clearance, please click here .
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
1. Qualified Category . Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
2. Highly Qualified Category . Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
3. Best Qualified Category . Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible's who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
- Ability to perform system administration, troubleshoot and determine solutions for servers running MS Windows 2008 operating system.
- Knowledge of security software and security regulations as they pertain to operating systems.
- Ability to develop standards and criteria for assessing performance of systems.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position and, if you're already an employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
These benefits generally apply if you are selected for a permanent or term appointment:
For more benefits information please visit: http://www.disa.mil/careers/benefits.html
- The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program has many plans to choose from, all at very reasonable rates, which can be paid from pre-tax income.
- The Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is one of the premier retirement programs in the Nation. The program features three components: a retirement pension; the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP, an employee controlled investment program); and social security.
- Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) offers numerous life insurance policy options covering federal employees and dependents.
- Moving expenses will not be paid.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A one year probationary or trial period may be required.
- Incumbent is subject to recall or call back during off shift hours, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Incumbent may be subject to varying work shifts and work shift rotation for mission support requirement of 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, if required by upper management.
- This position may require occasional travel.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee, and have a minimum score of 85, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance . NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives .)
usajobs.gov - 30+ days ago
The Department of Defense, for one, has made considerable progress since receiving its barely passing grade. MITRE, a Massachusetts-based te...