Title: Line Cook
Department: Food & Beverage Hours of Work: 20-40 hours
Category: Seasonal FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary/Grade Level: Date Approved:
Reports to (Supervises/Liaison): Kitchen Supervisor; Food & Beverage Manager
Responsible for the proper preparation and presentation of all food products at the Tramway restaurant, in order to contribute to guest satisfaction providing a premier customer service atmosphere.
- Prepares and cooks all food for a workstation, specifically the main menu and special items, balancing simultaneously different plates; seasons and presents the same as described on the menu.
- Continues to learn and gain experience in the preparation of more complicated dishes, sauces, etc.
- Maintains high sanitation standards and proper hygiene and sanitary habits at all times
- Ensures proper food handling and storage and space/equipment cleanliness; and assists supervisor in preparing for health inspections.
- Provides assistance and guidance, including one-to-one training, to all kitchen staff in order to put out a top quality food product in an efficient manner
- Develop/maintain teamwork and to contribute to a smooth operation.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to meet time and attendance requirements
- Ability to work all different shifts including holidays and weekends
- Knowledge of the practices and techniques of restaurant cooking, food presentation and storage
- Knowledge of all kitchen equipment and appliances;
- Knowledge in sanitary food requirements/codes
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work productively, skillfully and under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to balance and “push out” simultaneously at least 15 different plates; good dexterity.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn, understand, and follow oral and written instructions/directions.
- General knowledge of customer service and food service principles;
- Ability to lead by example including the ability to adequately train staff with minimal experience;
- Ability to handle stressful situations effectively while meeting deadlines;
- Ability to assist in smoothing out problems between staff working the kitchen and floor areas and between early and late shifts
- Thorough knowledge of state sanitary regulations and requirements,
- Thorough knowledge of standard practices and procedures related to food preparation and storage.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees
- Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a daily basis
- Ability/willingness to learn and pass on to guests those areas of interest to visitors, such as local history, people, culture, geography, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent, AND
- One (1) year as a line cook with experience in a high volume environment..
- Alaska food workers card
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- Culinary training from an accredited Culinary Institute.
- Current CPR and first aid certificates,
- Drug testing may be required.
- Fire prevention training
- ServSafe certification
Standard kitchen environment as part of an aerial tramway and lift operation at a 1800 ft. elevation; constant exposure to extreme heights, and periodic exposure to dangerous equipment during emergency evacuations or power failures. Constant movement in narrow/confined work spaces and a hot, noisy environment; prolonged standing for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift/move up to 80 lbs, periodically, constant bending, lifting, stooping is required to maintain adequate supplies. The Tram is a non-smoking facility with designated outside smoking areas.
Goldbelt, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard