About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position is responsible for providing and coordinating medical, surgical and other specialty care to patients under the auspices of a supervising physician or the supervising physician’s agent in various settings. This position will provide patient assessments through patient exams, patient medical history, interpretation of required diagnostic procedures, and developing/implementing treatment and management plans, and provide teaching activities to residents all under the supervising physician or supervising physician’s agent.
- Delivers medical care services to patients in various settings in collaboration with the supervising physician or supervising physician agent. Completes procedures under the guidance, supervision, and discretion of the supervising physician and displays competencies required by licensure, scope of practice, credentialing, pertinent statutes, regulations and organizational policy. This includes: obtaining history; performing physical examinations; writing orders; performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; administering intravenous medication; formulating a diagnostic impression; developing and implementing a treatment plan; monitoring the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions; assessing physiologic and psychological responsiveness; offering counseling and education to meet patient needs.
- Plans daily schedule to maximize efficiency of physician and assistant resources. Makes routine visits to facilities or other assigned locations on schedule agreed upon with attending physician, and makes acute nursing home, hospice, hospital or clinic visits as directed, and under the appropriate rules and regulations of the facilities where these visits occur. Assumes first call for patient care during work day, if instructed by supervising physician with clear parameters regarding scope of care.
- Coordinates specialist, hospital, rehab, wound care, labs and tests, and/or other patient care and patient management issues.
- May provide medical treatment for work-related injuries and fitness to work assessments. May provide medical surveillance examinations within hazardous workplace. May provide substance abuse counseling and medical treatment within the scope of practice of the specialty of psychiatry or other recognized specialties.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients and families, key decision-makers, facility and department staff, and collaborating physicians.
- May provide medical education of residents during patient rounds in multiple settings (ex. nursing home, hospice), and teaching sessions as scheduled. Coordinates joint teaching sessions for residents with participating physicians and pharmacologists as necessary.
Requires state certification and/or licensure in area of practice as required by specialty including current Physician Assistant license and certification in the state where practicing. Requires current DEA number. Requires knowledge normally obtained with completion of a bachelor’s degree
Advanced degree preferred. Experience in clinical setting including supervision is preferred Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification also preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.