You know that your kids have something special inside them. The Arizona Virtual Academy and K¹² ignite the minds of children like yours to bring learning and possibility alive. Together, we are helping Arizona students in grades K-12 reach their true, personal potential.
The Arizona Virtual Academy (AZVA) is a rapidly-growing organization that offers our teachers and staff members the excitement of exploring an emerging concept in education. Daily, our talented teachers and staff experience the impact they make on the lives of children. Join us, and be inspired by the potential of our students.
Arizona Virtual Charter School uses curriculum and services provided by K¹². This talented individual will staff Arizona Virtual Academy’s Online Virtual Math Lab to improve student achievement and academic quality at Arizona Virtual Academy. She/he will work directly with the elementary and middle school students, teachers, and learning coaches in the area of mathematics. In addition, this teacher will be available to collaborate with teachers to address any area of concern within the school programs. This teacher will creatively work to assess current best practices and improve overall instructional quality.
Summary of essential job functions:
- A minimum of three hours of direct online instruction daily
- Provide instruction for students who are academically struggling
- Provide large group, small group, and individual sessions to meet the academic needs of students
- Use research-based instructional strategies to assist students in meeting rigorous academic standards
- Collaborate with grade level team regarding instruction, resources, interventions and data driven decision-making
- Complete all compliance documentation
- Participate in all required professional development
- Support learning coaches with student curricular and instructional issues for approved areas and grade levels
- Track academic progress and attendance
- Conduct conferences with learning coaches/responsible adults and students, as needed
- Generate informal and formal reports regarding student performance and progress
- Prepare students for standardized tests
- Proctor site-based exams
- Contribute to school SAIP goals
- Implement school policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain a positive rapport with families
EOE and Drug Free Workplace
- Bachelor’s degree
- Holds a current AZ teaching certificate
- Holds Math Endorsement: Middle School and/or High School
- Working knowledge of state math standards
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Travel required
K12 - 4 years ago
K12 isn't a missing element from the periodic table, but it could help kids learn the periodic table. The company offers online...