It is the policy of Urban Trust Bank to conduct credit,
reference, criminal background checks and drug screening
as a condition of employment. EEO/AA. Drug Free
Position Summary: The Assistant Branch Manager is acting
manager about 40-50% of the time. The incumbent focuses
on the operational aspects of the branch, but still has
a strong sales force.
Sales Management and Administration:
retail services, products and selling techniques.
- Expand customer base through in-depth knowledge of
Understand competitor bank products and services.
- Establish rapport with customer case and shoppers.•
personnel to achieve unit and individual goals.
- Supervise staff and build a team spirit among
member and monitor performance to plans.
- Communicate performance expectations to each staff
individual and team goals.
- Coach and encourage associates in the development of
- Coach and lead the sales process with branch
customers in the market area (cold calling, direct mail
- Refer qualified customers to specialized sales forces.
- Prospect, via telephone, current and potential
store, both at the bank and in the aisles.
- Initiate sales conversations with shoppers in the
- Demonstrate performance of a sales leader.
including operational, sales training and product
- Offer training opportunities to each associate
- Supervise staff to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct quarterly branch audits.
- Administer all security procedures.
- Provide information/reports on activities of the
- Provide facilities management.
- Monitor the general upkeep and appearance of the
- Act as the liaison between associates and management.
- Provide management with feedback regarding changing
positive, and corrective feedback to subordinates.
- Schedule associates for in-store branch.
- Provide current, direct, complete, actionable,
continuous development of associates.
- Hold frequent development discussions.• Encourage
satisfaction in a timely manner
- Handles customer complaints and ensure customer
.• Prioritize multiple customer demands to provide
maximum service levels to all customers.
- Provide accurate/timely transactions (i.e., deposits,
- Operate transactional equipment performs balancing
procedures, including travelers checks reconciliation,
- Direct subordinates in handling all branch operational
cashiers check reconciliation and CD reconciliation.
- Process credit applications, analyze and interpret
policies on an equity basis.
- Possess knowledge of bank policies and administer
Supervision of Personnel: Branch employees
The job description lists typical examples of work and
is not intended to include every job duty
and responsibility specific to a position. An employee
may be required to perform other related
duties not listed on the job description provided that
such duties are characteristic of that position.
Work Environment/Physical Demands*Typical office
environment. Ability to lift boxes of coin and money
drawers weighing up to 20 lbs. Ability to retrieve and
replace safe deposit boxes weighing u to 20 lbs., height
up to 6 feet. Ability to reach over counter to help
customers. Ability to reach upper cabinets for supplies.
Ability to access facility. Ability to move through
retail store to visit with customers. Ability to operate
and read computer terminal screen.
All applicants, as well as position incumbents who
become disabled as defined under the
Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform
the essential job functions (as listed)
either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable
accommodation to be determined by
management on a case by case basis.
EducationHigh School graduate minimum. Post high school
education and a minimum of 3 years of Banking experience
and 1 year of management experience preferred (in-store
experience a plus).
Required Skills*Basic math proficiency and
aptitude—ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
in order to help customers with their transaction,
balance teller drawer and figure the ratios necessary
for evaluating loan applications. Watch and understand
non-verbal communication. Read at a level sufficient to
understand memorandums, instructions, forms,
applications, financial statements and credit reports.
Write in a clear, concise and legible manner in order to
compose memorandums and complete various bank documents
and forms. Learn and understand computer system in order
to run teller transactions, look-up customer accounts
and troubleshoot the equipment when problems occur.
Ability to handle teller transactions, and use teller
machine. Ability to effectively use a P.A. system and a
telephone. Ability to use verbal communication skills to
effectively communicate with customers and other