Our Chicago Construction/Design-Build practice is looking for a Construction Project Manager to support our Environmental work.
The Construction Project Manager will be responsible for multiple environmental remediation and demolition projects in the Chicagoland area.
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for the successful completion of the projects, establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, subcontractors, suppliers and any other project stakeholder throughout the execution of the projects.
The Construction Project Manager will report directly to the Project Manager and will manage and coordinate all aspects of the construction effort including:
- Field activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s)
- Interface with client representatives, A/E representatives, and other third parties related to construction activities
- Review and approve construction related portions of project specific proposals
- Review site and general base arrangements for constructability
- Review of receiving and storage and shortage reporting plans
- Review and approval of subcontractor invoices
- Review and support the implementation of Safety and injury reports procedures
- Subcontractor's manpower reporting
- Review subcontractor schedule and work plans
- Site logistics and responsibility matrix
- Assist in preparing a Subcontractor's bidder list for all construction contracts
- Review the construction specifications and drawings prepared by engineers
- Assist in the evaluation of construction bids and provide recommendations
- Responsible for cost and schedule execution and reporting of construction activities
- Coordinate Subcontractor’s schedule and update project schedule
- Represents Construction at project meetings
- Supports the development of the monthly Owner's Progress Report
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- 10 - 15 years verifiable, relevant construction management experience.
- Experience in environmental remediation, abatement and demolition.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills for managing work assignments and employee performance to ensure the efficient, cost-effective utilization of staff.
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal project management staff and client staff.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Burns & McDonnell - 12 months ago
At Burns & McDonnell, we believe in the power of an entrepreneurial dream. It’s how we began, in 1898, when Clinton Burns and...