This is a Temporary Position
The position is responsible for all elements of planning and execution of North American meetings, trade shows, and events. Plans and executes marketing events, such as trade shows, national sales meetings, and other corporate events. Additional responsibilities include marketing communications alignment and collaboration between The Ventana/Roche Corporate Marketing Communications Group and Ventana’s North American Marketing Organization. Will include assisting in the development and deployment of marketing collateral, promotional materials, programs, and public relations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Event Management, or related field. OR Equivalent amount of high level event planning experience.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of trade shows, conferences, meetings, and other revenue generating events in North America .
- Create and implement marketing strategies for trade shows, corporate events, conferences, meetings, educational programs, and trade missions
- Overall event responsibility includes: organizational leadership, budget preparation, on-site coordination, and management of cross-functional teams .
- Create integrated planning timelines to coordinate pre-event logistics, exhibit design and set-up, transportation, security, and allocation of services
- Extensive experience in vendor relations and business partnership development
- Leverage sponsorship opportunities to increase company profile or generate revenue (as applicable)
- Launching of creative strategies to increase, facilitate, and track booth attendee traffic; lead retrieval and event metrics analysis
- Implement project management practices that ensure direction, motivation, resources and effective communication to maximize event planning and execution
- Effective communication with all levels of the organization
- Budget preparation, monitoring, and post-event account reconciliation
- Return on investment analysis
- Manage event process by negotiating contract agreements and overseeing operational issues to maintain or lower project costs
- Prepare budget proposals and presentation for upper management approval processes Formal Training/Education:
3-5 years of high level event planning experience with Bachelors; 7-10 years’ experience required without a degree. Must have assumed progressively more responsible roles in event planning, trade show marketing, and vendor relations, including significant hands-on negotiations of extensive event service contracts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have excellent planning and organizational skills.
Must be able to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, with some marketing background.
Must be able to travel to locations for site preparations and all events
Roche - 2 years ago
Roche is on a medicinal roll. The company operates two segments, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, and sells its products in some 180...