Tapeout Product Engineer
This is a CAD engineering position with primary responsibilities to own tapeout management and execution thru the process modules that transform chip design data to mask data on all of Portland Technology Development's advanced 300 mm manufacturing processes.
In this position, you will be responsible for the successful management and execution of tapeout projects. This work requires detailed project management across an integrated tapeout process, where the Product Engineer manages compute hardware resources, software applications and technology specific process settings to release a data set to mask manufacturing. This work involves detailed planning and coordination of a tightly integrated schedule to ensure a quality data release to the manufacturing supply chain. Your responsibilities will include
but not be limited to:
- Responsible for defining Tapeout Manufacturing Assurance (TMA) plans that ensure success at final execution.
- Responsible for managing, organizing, and planning all details of tapeout project (timing, resource needs, stakeholder alignment and communication).
- Responsible for setting up and managing all project automation, and executing product tapeouts to final transfer of data to Intel Mask Operations (IMO).
- Responsible for continuous improvement of Product Engineer processes and procedures.
- Responsible for project metric analysis to document product tapeout POR, and improvement opportunities.
- Engineering disposition of quality checks and data.
You should possess a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in one of the following:
BS Electrical Engineering; BS Computer Science; BS Computer Engineering;
BS Electrical & Computer Engineering; BS Computer Information Systems
Additional desired qualifications include:
- Ability to program Linux* shell scripts
- Experience with physical design automation compute applications that run in a Linux* environment
- Experience with distributed computing and datacenter system architecture
- Proficiency in project management, project planning, and computer information systems
- Demonstrated capability to work with diverse technical groups to solve problem root causes and implement solutions
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience in the areas of mask tapeout, tapeout data manipulation, or design rule and/or tapeout related flow programming would be an added advantage
Jan 31, 2013
Feb 1, 2014
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to final test and optimization, and lastly packaging. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing group are part of a worldwide network of manufacturing and assembly/test facilities.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...