A mechanic that performs work on gas compression equipment components and instruments (e.g. pumps controllers valves etc.) at a shop location. Performs other tasks as needed or requested.
- Fully understands and utilizes standard operating procedures relative to gas compressor maintenance and repair
- Diagnoses problems and repairs mechanical and instrumentation equipment including some engine overhauls
- Works on various mechanical and engine components instruments and engine types
- Gaining proficiency at base deflection coupling alignment
- Can identify diagnose and fix most compressor equipment component and instrument problems
- Replaces and overhauls most compressors checking bearings crankshaft etc.
- Disassembles gas compressor parts and equipment
- Cleans gas compressor parts and equipment
- Reassembles parts
- Overhauls smaller engines
- Works under hi-level supervision
- Guides and trains other mechanics
- Adheres to all company and government safety regulations
- Attends regular safety meetings
- Has own tools
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Ability to read write speak and understand basic English
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE policies and procedures
- A high school diploma or an equivalent
- Minimum 1 years experience in engine compressor mechanics production equipment and gas compression
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Valerus - 20 months ago
Valerus Compression Services serves the compression needs of the oil and gas industry. Its products, which are used in older wells, include...