Position Number 479990
Department: Information Technology
Revised Screening Date: April 17, 2013. Applications received after 4/16 may be considered.
: Full-time, 12 months/year, 1.0 FTE
Minimum Entry Rate: $56,178.72-$61,241.44 Annually
Union Affiliation: MPEA
: Six months minimum
Benefits Include: Medical insurance package ; mandatory retirement plan; partial tuition waiver; professional development program; wellness program
The mission of the Information Technology unit (IT) is to provide leadership in identifying and supporting the information technology infrastructure required to support the broader strategic and tactical plans of The University of Montana - Missoula, the four campuses of the multi-campus University of Montana, and the Montana University System.
This position works with ACIO of TSS to design and build out production and test web-environment systems. Specific duties include but are not limited to: managing daily operation of University enterprise web-systems; working with TSS ACIO to design and implement ITIL-based management processes; overseeing the University’s web environment and make decisions within the operational framework established for providing high-availability systems to campus and the community beyond campus; acting as primary support channel for production web systems; initiating production system changes ensuring prioritization and follow-through with change and release management policies and procedures; ensuring all systems are properly configured and patched to meet security guidelines as needed for FERPA, HIPPA and PCI compliance; providing timely resolution to Linux, Apache, etc. related incidents and problems; building and maintaining thorough documentation for systems builds, configurations, etc.
This position requires incumbent to develop or acquire: a working knowledge of the mission, programs and protocols of the IT Department; Linux cluster experience; Experience with VMWare ESXi; Nagios system monitoring; CommVault backup utilities; RHEL certification; ITIL Foundation certification.
- LAMP administration experience.
- Linux experience. RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Experience working with Apache HTTP Server, including with Apache modules for SSL, PHP, proxying, etc.
- Experience working with Tomcat Server.
- Experience with fiber channel storage networking.
- Experience with system monitoring.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Experience with version control systems (GIT, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with load balancing.
- Experience with Windows 2008 Server.
- Must be able to communicate with technical and non-technical staff verbally as well as in writing.
- Must be able to prioritize workload notifying supervisor as necessary.
- Must demonstrate some management, organizational and training skills.
(Qualified candidates must be able to meet minimum requirements and perform the primary functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- This position must be available outside of normal working hours (weekends, holidays, etc.) to support critical University systems as needed.
- This position must be able to receive, transport and mount hardware systems up to 75 lbs. into 19 inch server racks at heights up to seven feet above the floor.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces with steady loud noised.
- Work conditions have possible electrical and mechanical hazards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or three years Linux Systems Administrator experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Upload the following materials: *Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
- Letter of Interest – please also address the stated required skills for the position
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work experience
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment
In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.
References *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility. All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).