Req# 132717BR Position Title Construction Manager III-SC Position Summary
Provides large scale planning and analysis for resource requirements, interdepartmental process enhancement, eng/contractor selection, budget management, etc. Leads a team of Construction Managers II/Coordinators I to project manage individual cell site construction projects within a market. Responsible for generation of bid packages, coordination of site visits with engineers and contractors, generation of project schedules and reporting. . The Construction Manager Market Lead -provides leadership, construction management and deployment management oversight and project related subject matter expertise to support the execution of Sprint’s Network Vision program and future market construction projects.
Oversees the field-based construction projects from design through implementation. Conducts site inspections/audits throughout the construction and market acceptance phases. Coordinates with OEM, construction vendors and EMS market construction leads on all construction matters. Identifies construction or deployment issues and works with OEM or construction vendor to development resolutions. Monitors overall construction projects for cost, schedule and quality in a markets assigned. Communicates with the OEM and Regional Deployment Manager regarding status of specific projects. Plans and directs the 3rd party audits and coordinate with OEM to resolve any issues found during the audits. Monitors compliance with corporate, federal, state and local plant and construction regulations, policies and procedures. Is the technical SME and may be the technical point of escalation for projects. The Construction Manager Market Lead 's daily tasks include generation and review of completed of bid packages, coordination of site visits with engineers and contractors, generation of project schedules, reporting, implementation of construction standard, site audits, on- site construction management of CGs and other duties as assigned.
Major challenges of this position will be managing multiple vendors, multiple technologies and priorities. This requires extensive knowledge of construction management, industry standards and the application of best practices when there is a lack of detailed guidance. Must have experience with large scale technology deployments and knowledge of site development standards/principles.
Must have valid driver's license, three consecutive years of active driving history, successfully complete driver's safety training, and otherwise comply with Sprint's Driver Safety Policy and guidelines. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
- Three years' experience working with construction contractors
- Three years' experience managing construction projects from design through implementation
- Three years' site development experience
- Three years' deployment experience
Bachelor's degree and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
- Five years' experience working with construction contractors
- Five years' experience managing construction projects from design through implementation
- Five years' site development experience
- Five years' deployment experience Five years' Experience with business principles, financial modeling and decision making (i.e., cost of money, financing, budgets, ROI, etc.). Broad knowledge and experience in wireless construction and equipment technologies.
- Experience developing and managing relationships with vendors and company personnel to resolve problems.
- Experience leading and developing a team environment.
- Project management, master planning/scheduling and matrix management experience is a plus.
- Vendor Management experience
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Job Category Network Work City Columbia Work State South Carolina SCREME - SC Remote Worksite SC Remote Worksite Country United States
Sprint is a global integrated communications provider serving more than 26 million customers in over 100 countries. With more than $26...