JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Perform as a lead on more complex engineering assignments. Perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, design, development, manufacturing, testing, installation, integration, sustainment, operation, and maintenance of diverse software, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and systems. Perform generally as a lead of a development, sustainment, or operations & maintenance team on more complex engineering assignments.
1. Independently performs a range of software design, development, analysis, or review tasks under generally established project deadlines.
2. Completes software design specifications, analyses, or design reviews for complex projects.
3. Generates complete software design specifications for more complex projects.
4. Coordinates and works closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
5. Verifies and complies with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
6. Prepares, delivers, and submits technical papers and performs engineering studies.
7. Supports development of technical proposal and provides comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
8. Develops, maintains, and produces technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
9. Directs interface with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities; acts as liaison for design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
10. Conducts site visits and experimental investigations; analyzes engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives, and provides recommendations.
11. Performs other related duties and assignments as directed.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Applicants must possess a bachelor of science degree in Computer Science from an ABET-accredited college or university with two years of experience, or a MS degree in Computer Science; Applicants must have experience with C++ (OO Design / Design Patterns / UML / Documentation); ADA, UNIX, Solaris, Linux, BSD, etec.; Software Lifecycle Management; and Configuration Management. Work is performed in a field environment and normal office conditions exist the majority of the time, however, the positions requires walking, stooping, climbing stairs and towers, lifting up to forty pounds and occasional overnight support as required. Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI security clearance and be granted special access to government facilities and programs. Possess a current state drivers license.