The Warehouse Lead position is responsible for assisting the supervisors in providing direction to the warehouse workforce in specified areas, such as Pick to Light, Loading, Receiving, Inventory Control, Pharmacy, etc. This position is expected to insure optimum service to our customers while maintaining a cost effective, safe, sanitary, working environment and a high level of associate morale.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Evaluates daily staffing needs and reacts accordingly to maximize productivity, maintain on-time, quality loads, and minimize overtime.
- Ensures safety, production and productivity goals are met.
- Reports issues and concerns to the warehouse supervisor or superintendent.
- Supports CAM and other Risk Control programs.
- Effectively communicates to peers, workers and management; maintains effective relations and productive teamwork with associates; resolves issues and concerns as appropriate.
- Counsels and coaches associates and assists with training as assigned.
- Assists in the administration of the work rules, policies and procedures.
Why Work for Supervalu?
- High School Diploma or equivalent. 2 year college degree desirable.
- Knowledge of warehousing functions and understanding of warehouse equipment operations and safety issues required.
- Excellent human relations skills required and have experience directing others with fairness, demonstrating integrity and trust.
- Should be action oriented and approachable.
- Possess skills to follow instructions promptly and efficiently, taking initiative when appropriate.
- Possess time management skills to ensure that department needs are met as well as the overall organizational needs of the company.
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the nation, we know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our associates, we’ve been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
Supervalu - 12 months ago
After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the purchase of more than 1,100...