Drives up to a 20-ton truck loaded with compressed gas cylinders, liquid cylinders and hard goods to deliver to customers on scheduled route. Pick up empty cylinders from customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquires and complaints. Load/unload truck. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
- Upload, deliver and download safely to customers hard good orders as well as cylinders containing compressed gases; return empty cylinders to plant for refilling.
- Communicate in person with customers, providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain appropriate drivers’ license.
- Establish and maintain good customer relations by working with customers to maintain proper cylinder levels.
- Perform counter sales and assist customers, when necessary.
- Assist with inspection and filling of cylinders.
- Cover vacations and fill in for warehouse when necessary.
- Assist with housekeeping, inventory, showroom displays, demonstrations, and other duties as required.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Class B CDL driver’s license with HazMat & Airbrakes endorsements.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Current Medical Examiner’s Card.
- At least one years experience driving commercial vehicle.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs., and occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours; frequent bending also required.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime if necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have basic computer experience.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -15 to 100 degrees.
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Some basic knowledge or experience in welding.
- Some experience in handling compressed gases.
- Customer service or sales experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work during prolonged standing, frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, and feeling. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office machine parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Airgas Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...