Haynes Electric Utility Corporation has immediate openings for full-time, year-round experienced 1st Class (Class A) Lineman positions. The primary purpose of this position will be to repair and replace transmission and distribution power lines between generating stations, substations and consumers. This work will require use of precautionary work methods and safety equipment due to electrical hazards present when working on or near energized conductors and electrical accessories. This position requires the ability to drive safely, work extended hours when necessary and wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment.
1. Must presently hold a 1st Class Journeyman Lineman Certificate and be able to provide proof of successful completion of a recognized Lineman Apprenticeship.
2. High School Diploma or equivalent.
3. Experience with maximum voltage power line repair such as 120-240volt secondary circuits, 23,000 – 35,000volt distribution lines or 138 kilowatt transmission lines.
4. Experience in repair of energized lines or deenergized conductors suspended from electronically conductive metal towers, commonly 100ft or more above ground.
5. Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Drives License (CDL).
6. Must live within one hour of Haynes Electric Utility Corporation’s main office. Must be willing to relocate to Western North Carolina.
7. Excellent communications skills.
8. Drug testing required.
9. Background check required.
Haynes Electric Utility Corporation offers competitive wages, ESOP, 401k, Optional Health and Dental, Vacation and paid holidays.
Haynes Electric Utility Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PowerJobsDirect.com - 13 months ago