General Statement of Duties: Assess, diagnose, evaluate and treat adults with a wide variety of confirmed or developmental disabilities.
1. Complete speech and language evaluations; oral/motor, and feeding evaluations; and evaluate for assistive/augmentative technology as needed to diagnose, evaluate and treat adults with a wide variety of confirmed or suspected disabilities.
2. Treat speech/language disabilities as part of a multi-disciplinary program.
3. Teach techniques of speech/language therapy to other team members to enable them to function more effectively with multi-disciplinary model.
4. Write and implement DHSPs and/or ISPs for adults as needed.
5. Act as a liaison with Nursing Home rehabilitation staff.
6. Choose appropriate training materials.
7. Purchase assistive/augmentative devices as needed for use by consumers.
8. Inter-relate with multi-disciplinary team and interpret reports to families and other staff
9. Write reports, record progress and interpret reports to other staff members.
10. Perform duties consistent with agency/program policies and procedures.
11. Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
12. Perform other related duties as required or as assigned by supervisor or designee.