As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Supervises the help desk and technical support operations for a major group, office, Division, or customer.
1. Supervises assigned technical support staff in support of networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.
2. Supervises staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
3. Supervises the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software.
4. Assists subordinate technicians in resolving complex computer and/or network problems.
5. Recommends new hardware and software as needed.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
The responsibilities also include and require experience in performing as shift lead in the support of desktop.
Additional information on the scale of support:
- Utilization of FrontRange ITSM Incident and Problem Management tools to provide core service desk functionality.
- Approximately 1311 desktop systems, 99 percent of which are Intel-based systems running Microsoft's Windows XP. The remaining 1 percent is Apple Macintosh systems.
- Approximately 574 laptops, of which 99 percent are Intel-based systems running Microsoft's Windows XP operating system. The remaining 2 percent are Apple Macintosh systems.
- Remote-access computing is supplied mainly through VPN requiring RSA Secure ID authentication
- Approximately 398 BlackBerries
- Approximately 17 print servers, 542 local desktop printers, and 229 network printers
- Required Hours of Operation: 7AM to 9PM EST, Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays, 52 Weeks a Year
- On-Call Personnel shall be available at all other times with standby support specifically provided on weekends and Federal holidays from 10AM to 5PM EST, 52 Weeks a Year
- Service Desk will provide support to anything relating to business applications, servers, middleware and full HSPD-12/PIV card/Logical Access Control (LAC).
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...