This is more than a job posting for the Kohler Company, one of the oldest and largest privately held companies in North America. This is an invitation to collaborate and apply your craft in a creative, conscious and characterful culture.
As an Associate Channel Manager within Integrated Marketing Plans, this is your unique opportunity to set your mark and live on the leading edge. This position will be located in our Kohler, WI location.
Under limited supervision, the Associate Channel Manager is responsible for strategic marketing activities and executing tactics. This would involve developing and implementing marketing strategies, programs, and promotions targeted at Kohler's customer base. The Associate Channel Manager is responsible for identifying customer needs and business opportunities within the assigned channel and developing programs for customers and consumers to drive sales through the assigned channel. To be successful the incumbent must be strategic, creative and have the ability to follow through with flawless execution. This position will have direct contact to sr. management within the Kohler organization and will be expected to consistently present marketing plans to the executive level. This is an opportunity to present your skills and provide exposure to all levels within Kohler as well as across functional areas. The ideal candidate will possess a keen analytical mind, have strong planning, detail and accuracy and be a demonstrably creative thinker. The Associate Channel will also be required to travel 30% of the time to trade shows and various customer sites as needed.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY
- Properly present and protect the Kohler brand in the assigned channel.
- Develop merchandising and point of purchase material that drives sales and is "on brand".
- Plan, forecast, and implement marketing programs and promotions for the channel. Include special promotions, buying opportunities, rebate programs, and ongoing support programs for product categories and market segments
- Serve as a liaison between sales and product management. Work with product management to analyze and evaluate the performance of product categories.
- Understand trends, potential demand, and competition; make recommendations to develop and introduce new products that increase sales.
- Monitor the success, impact, and contribution of all programs, and communicate this information to management on a timely basis.
- Develop strategies and support programs to increase penetration of Kohler products to include pricing, marketing programs, and communication pieces.
- Develop annual business plan for the assigned channel.
- Monitor competitor promotions for each product group. Apprise product management of competitor activities and changes in the marketplace.
- Provide Product Management with ongoing analyses and evaluations of performance of initiatives, trends, potential demand, and competition, making recommendations to increase sales.
- Provide guidance and assistance to sales associates to promote Kohler products in accordance with established objectives.
- Drive comprehensive category management strategy across all product categories and channels to increase consumer brand satisfaction and awareness and overall product sell-through performance.
- Develop collateral materials and display programs needed in the launch of new products.
- Coordinate and contribute to the establishment of the policies and guidelines to support long-term objectives.
- Actively participate in seminars, professional organization meetings, trade shows, etc. to keep abreast of new marketing concepts or other developments germane to the function.
- Demonstrate appropriate level of competency in the following areas: Drive Continuous Improvement, Set High Standards of Performance, Leadership, Teamwork, Communication, Business Acumen, Management of Self, Management/Development of Others, Focus on the End Customer, and Build Trust.
SKILL PREFERENCES - HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field required.
- Minimum five years' experience in marketing, channel marketing and/or product development is required. Equivalent experience in a marketing or sales role within Kohler Company may be considered.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
- MBA is preferred.
- P&L experience is preferred.
- Experience with sales is preferred.
Beyond competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at company website.
Since 1873, our life's work has been to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. Today, over 50 leading edge Kohler brands deliver on that promise to customers in six continents- a testament to the craft of over 30,000 associates and the culture in which they operate.
As Kohler associates we are stewards of our craft, our culture, our environment and our communities. We care about our work and are committed to a single level of quality. We forge our own path. And in turn, experience the joy of discovery and the opportunity to grow.
If you're ready to contribute to our culture and set your mark, apply today at kohler.jobs.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Kohler - 17 months ago
When profits go down the drain at Kohler, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The company makes bathroom and kitchen products -- from...