Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Precludes unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets. Responds to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response as dictated by the situation and protocol. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
1. Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; precludes unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
2. Responds to unusual or emergency situations using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response following established protocol for the site and as dictated by the situation, by the company, and through required training and licensing; maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons as required.
3. Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
4. Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
5. Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
6. Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
7. Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
8. Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
9. Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
10. Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
11. Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.; experience in physical security, military service, law enforcement or a related field, sufficient to meet the minimum requirements for state and local licensing and/or site standards as established by the company. In addition, prior military
TAOnline.com - 3 years ago
Securitas profits from the lack of caritas (Latin for truth, unity, and charity) in human nature. Securitas is one of the world's top...