Chesapeake Energy is seeking a talented individual for the position of EHS Division Advisor. This position is based at our corporate headquarters in Oklahoma City, OK.
The EHS Division Advisor is responsible for advising the Operations Vice President and District Managers on EHS issues and to interface with the Operations EHS staff. Additionally, this role is the primary interface between the Division and the Corporate EHS group. The Advisor position provides assurance to the Operations Vice President and Senior Management that Corporate EHS initiatives are implemented consistently across the Division according to Company policy and that EHS compliance issues are identified and addressed.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure that EHS noncompliance issues are addressed in the Division.
- Identify EHS staffing requirements and make personnel recommendations to Division management.
- Identify training gaps for both operations and EHS staff.
- Ensure Division personnel understand requirements for EHS compliance.
- Work with Division and corporate EHS management to develop solutions to maintain EHS compliance.
- Work with Division EHS coordinators on a daily basis to ensure consistent application of EHS initiatives across the division.
- Provide emergency response support as needed.
- Provide accident investigation support to District EHS staff.
- Provide support to Division EHS staff and interface with corporate EHS in contractor management.
- Travel to field offices regularly to attend safety meetings and as needed to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Safety or Engineering
- 10 years of oil and gas industry experience
- 3-5 years of EHS experience in the oil and gas industry
- 1-3 years of prior supervisory experience
- Knowledge related to compliance with applicable laws and regulations dealing with EHS related to field oil and gas operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local environmental, OSHA and O&G rules / regulations.
- Ability to interface and communicate with various levels of the organization including senior management, field operations management and field staff.
- Computer skills including the Microsoft suite plus ability to pull from databases.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Chesapeake Energy (named after the childhood Chesapeake Bay haunts of a founder) builds oil and natural gas reserves through the...