Boise State University seeks an energetic, team-oriented individual to lead and create change within a comprehensive housing and residence life operation. This position is responsible for all aspects of Housing and Residence Life including leading a team of over 75 staff, overseeing 1,890 on-campus spaces, 303 apartment spaces, summer conferences, and supporting the academic mission of Boise State University. The Director of Housing and Residence Life provides critical leadership and support to the residence life leadership team, is a member of the Student Affairs Council, and is the primary university representative to internal and external constituents on all matters regarding campus housing and residence life.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Support and supervise operations, facilities, residential life and living-learning communities, business management, room assignments, lease and contract development, marketing and promotions, data management, summer conferences, and residential safety and security.
- Participate in the food service contract committee representing the board dining program.
- Develop and oversee a $10 million auxiliary budget.
- Develop and implement short and long-term goals consistent with the mission of Boise State University and the Division of Student Affairs.
- Identify and address student demands and needs for on-campus housing.
- Select, train, supervise and evaluate professional, classified, and contractual staff in all areas of housing and residence life.
- Effectively demonstrate aspects of a successful residence life program including communication protocols, training and development, on call systems, and establishing collaborative partnerships with other campus departments.
- Create a culture of student success through the effective delivery of student-friendly, integrated services.
- Master’s degree in College Student Personnel/Higher Ed Administration or related field.
- Six (6) years of experience in a similar role including three (3) years of managerial experience in a Housing and Residence Life leadership role.
- Master’s degree in College Student Personnel/Higher Ed Administration or related field and five (5) years of experience as a director of a college/university housing department.
- Knowledge of industry standards and as established within the collegiate housing profession.
- General knowledge of budget management principles with specific emphasis upon capital projects, utility use reduction, and appropriate personnel structures.
- Knowledge of housing data management systems.
- Ability to manage a large department comprised of varying staffing levels.
- General knowledge of facility management, including maintenance and cleaning, capital project development, and construction practices for new buildings.
- General knowledge of Student Development theory and its application to working with students, including the impact campus residence have on students’ academic success.
Boise State University - 20 months ago