ActionPacked! Networks (www.actionpacked.com) is seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to support direct Enterprise sales with secondary focus on supporting channel partners within the region. This position is responsible for increasing ActionPacked Networks’ market penetration to exceed quarterly booking targets. The ideal sales engineer has excellent working knowledge of the Cisco networks, network performance management industry, products, and trends. This position supports accounts primarily in the U.S.A., with a focus on the Pacific time zone. Remote/telecommuting preferred.
- Participates in product pre-sales engineering tasks including customer demonstrations and evaluations.
- Participates in product post-sales support tasks including product turn up, training and answering customer questions.
- Supports software development engineering tasks including customer product feature feedback, requirements definition, beta testing, and documentation review.
- Assesses competitive product and technology strengths and weaknesses.
- Supports marketing product promotion collateral development.
- Develops and maintain positive and lasting customer relationships.
- Logs progress and action items using Salesforce.com.
- Participates in industry events/tradeshows.
- Five or more years of Enterprise sales experience, preferably in network performance management solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering; MS preferred.
- Ideal candidate has expert level understanding of communications networking operation and a broad scope of knowledge relating to networking technologies, engineering guidelines, industry best practices and market solutions. CCNP or CCIE certification a plus.
- Positive can-do attitude, driven, reliable, trustworthy, intelligent, and team player.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a virtual office environment.
- Excellent relationship building and creative technical consultative selling skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication presentation skills, including ability to orally answer questions clearly and succinctly.
- Proven track-record of systems engineering, sales engineering, customer support, and network engineering. Technical skills required include knowledge or expertise in switching / routing setup, configuration, protocols, and use; quality of service monitoring and configuration; NetFlow, FNF, IPFIX, Medianet, network security, and Wireless.
- Able to travel approximately 15% of the time.