mFoundry is looking for an Operations Engineer (Linux) with project management skills to work with the Product Support and Operations Team. This position is ideal for an experienced technologist who has an aptitude for managing IT projects and deliverables.
- Manage to completion a variety of IT projects by maintaining effective communication, completing day-to-day tasks and deliverables.
- Support service level agreement for system availability in mFoundry’s and client’s production environments.
- Hands-on support of our networking/load balancer, web/app server and database solutions for production and non-production environments. This includes triaging issue(s), designing fixes, packaging, testing and deployment.
- Analyze problems with mFoundry software deployed on Apache and JBoss servers; identify problem areas and recommend/implement corrective action.
- Propose solutions and designs to improve product ‘supportability’.
- Remotely support systems to resolve complicated application and sensitive data issues.
- Work outside of business hours may be required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with deploying and supporting Web based J2EE applications/services with 1-3 years relevant work experience.
- Solid experience with Unix/Linux Operating systems, web and application servers and relevant internet technologies.
- Must be able to drive processes and achieve results in an ever-changing environment without direct supervision.
- Strong technical background including: networking, internet technologies, relational databases (SQL), scripting, etc.
- Experience working with consumer facing applications with 99%+ uptime requirements.
- Prior experience with mobile and/or financial services a plus, but not a requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as demonstrated by a walkthrough of prior deliverables you have produced.
- Solid analytical, critical and creative problem solving skills.
- High level of personal organization, as well as the ability to promote efficient and effective organized teamwork.
- A demonstrated understanding of the entire Software Development Lifecycle.
- Exposure to Java development is a plus.
mFoundry values our employees and we support them with a comprehensive and multi-faceted benefits program that includes:
HMO & PPO medical plan options with premiums covered at 85% for employees and 95% for dependents
Dental benefits plan, with premiums covered at 85% for employees and 95% for dependents
Vision benefits plan, with premiums covered at 100% for both employees and dependents
Life insurance plan, long-term disability program and accidental death and dismemberment coverage, with premiums covered at 100% for employees
- Competitive salaries
- Generous health benefits consisting of:
In addition, mFoundry’s vacation package includes:
- Annual flexible spending account
- 401k saving program plus company matching plan
- Commuter program
- Credit Union program
Other perks include free parking at the Larkspur office, a fully stocked kitchen and frequent employee events, such as bowling, Frisbee golf and company picnics.
- 14 calendar holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Unlimited paid sick days
- Paid bereavement leave
- Paid new parents leave
mFoundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual phone calls. Thank you for your consideration.
mFoundry - 18 months ago
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in...