Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - CADD
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Associate's degree or completion of technical trade school courses, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum eight years of design experience with AutoCAD experience developing energy, oil, gas or petrochemical industry drawings.
• Four of the eight years of experience must have been spent using AutoCAD 3D and CADWORX plant design software to develop 3D piping and equipment models.
• Proficiency in mechanical and piping 3D drafting and design of mid-level to complex designs/layouts.
• Must be able to travel to field project locations with lead designers or engineers to make field sketches, take dimensions, etc., and climb ladders, stairs and piperacks at these locations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
This position involves the development, design and drafting of 3D CAD based mechanical and piping drawings for the energy, oil, gas and petrochemical industry projects.
Successful candidate will:
• Under minimal direction of a Lead Mechanical/Piping Designer, provide advanced CADWORX plant drafting and design services by preparing and maintaining mechanical and piping drawings.
• Prepare CADWORX plant designs and estimates from general instruction and/or preliminary sketches, diagrams, or schematics.
• Prepare Line Lists, Manual Valve Lists, Drawings Lists.
• May recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification.
• Produce complex technical drawings and piping isometrics.
• Prepare working drawings from conceptual layout to detailed finished product.
• Coordinate CAD projects with other discipline personnel.
• Prepare and assemble project deliverables.
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed above.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...