Under direct supervision performs a variety of yard activities including operating a forklift to move product and material throughout the yard. Provides customer service to ProBuild customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists customers in the location and loading of product.
Reviews materials loaded against invoice or requisition; completes and routes paperwork appropriately.
Moves product/material throughout the yard ensuring placement in correct areas.
Ensures product/material is well stocked of inventory at all times.
Performs routine clean up of yard.
Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to operate motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment.
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing tasks
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of company products/inventory available at work location
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to read and understand invoices and requisitions
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and six months experience with performing these or similar tasks; or equivalent combination of training, education and experience. Requires OSHA Forklift Certification
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed primarily in an outdoor yard environment, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to physically operation forklift equipment (climb up and down into cab, twist torso for 360 degree visibility, use arms to operate controls..