Responsible for creating and documenting all aspects of a game and deliver the finished assets to the Programming Department in a complete, organized, and well-documented fashion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with, and follow direction from the Art Director and Game Designers to produce high-quality art in regards to character design, color theory, layout, text treatment, and animation ability.
- Create art assets in an iterative process and document all art assets with minimal mistakes.
- Demonstrate ability to follow dictated file structure and organization for delivery of art assets.
- Continually sharpen artistic abilities through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members.
- Re-purposing and modifying existing art assets for alternative platforms (such as Flash).
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from the Art Director, Game Designer, and other team members.
- Be an subject matter expert and be able to learn new software and adapt to new development processes when necessary.
- Mentor junior team members by sharing creative, technical, and development techniques in order to help team members develop their skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum of five year’s experience
WMS is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that WMS conducts business. If you are requested by WMS to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with WMS may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
- Excellent artistic talents in one or more of the following: drawing, layout, animation, 3D modeling & rendering
- High level of proficiency in two or more of the following: Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, Illustrator, Maya, Studio Max
- Experience in MS Office
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and accept constructive criticism
- MUST provide a Portfolio of professional and/or personal work in Web or Digital format to be considered for interview. Portfolios should clearly demonstrate the applicant’s artistic talents and software proficiency.
- Expert user of multiple Adobe products.
- Superior artistic talents in at least one of the following: drawing, 3D modeling, rendering, graphic design, layout, color theory, character design, and animation.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. WMS encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
WMS Gaming Inc. - 13 months ago
The reels keep spinning and the jackpots keep flowing, thanks to this company. WMS Industries is a leading manufacturer of casino gaming...