Responsible for creating and documenting all aspects of a game and deliver the finished assets to the Programming Department in a complete, organized, and well-documented fashion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with, and follow direction from the Art Director and Game Designers to produce high-quality art in regards to character design, color theory, layout, text treatment, and animation ability.
- Create art assets in an iterative process and document all art assets with minimal mistakes.
- Demonstrate ability to follow dictated file structure and organization for delivery of art assets.
- Continually sharpen artistic abilities through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members.
- Re-purposing and modifying existing art assets for alternative platforms (such as Flash).
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from the Art Director, Game Designer, and other team members.
- Be an subject matter expert and be able to learn new software and adapt to new development processes when necessary.
- Mentor junior team members by sharing creative, technical, and development techniques in order to help team members develop their skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum of five year’s experience
WMS is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that WMS conducts business. If you are requested by WMS to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with WMS may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
- Excellent artistic talents in one or more of the following: drawing, layout, animation, 3D modeling & rendering
- High level of proficiency in two or more of the following: Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, Illustrator, Maya, Studio Max
- Experience in MS Office
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and accept constructive criticism
- MUST provide a Portfolio of professional and/or personal work in Web or Digital format to be considered for interview. Portfolios should clearly demonstrate the applicant’s artistic talents and software proficiency.
- Expert user of multiple Adobe products.
- Superior artistic talents in at least one of the following: drawing, 3D modeling, rendering, graphic design, layout, color theory, character design, and animation.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. WMS encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
The reels keep spinning and the jackpots keep flowing, thanks to this company. WMS Industries is a leading manufacturer of casino gaming...