Posting Name: HR Administrative Assistant
Posting Number: 2013-07
Posting Dates: January 28, 2013 – February 11, 2013
Provide administrative and phone support to the Human Resources Office.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist and support the HR Director in day-to-day administration.
• Maintain confidential data and files.
• General office administration, correspondence, mail, faxing, filing, presentation preparation, and coordination of all interoffice related needs.
• Database maintenance and spreadsheet development.
• Screen phone calls and office visitors, directing to the appropriate staff when necessary.
• Attend and participate in assigned training/meetings.
• Maintain and order all office supplies.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience or educational background in business and HR a plus.
• Minimum of 2 years of similar or related experience in a fast-paced office environment is strongly preferred.
• Adaptability and flexibility are required, and must have the ability to coordinate and manage a variety of tasks and assignments. Excellent multi-tasking skills required.
• Must possess excellent written/oral communications skills, analytical, and project/time management skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Must be highly organized, and be able to work independently within the corporate infrastructure with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to handle confidential information.
• Must be able to communicate successfully with a variety of disciplines and levels, both internal and external staff.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, and be customer service focused.
1. Physical/ Mental Demands
• Sedentary office work, occasional visits to various MBCR sites.
• Work involves walking, talking, and hearing, using both hands to handle, feel and / or reach with both hands and both arms.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to perform all duties above.
2. Working Conditions
Noise Level Moderate
Shift work Day shift
On-call Not applicable
Team Work Work as part of the Human Resources team.
Massachusetts Bay Commuter Railroad - 18 months ago