JOB SUMMARY: The Case Management Manager provides direction for the administration and on-going development of case management operations, providing supervision of case management staff, education of physicians and case management principles and developing on-going quality measurements for case management outcomes.
Adheres to policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory
1. Provides management direction to the Discharge Planners and Care Coordinators in Case Management/UR department.
2. Identifies appropriate staffing levels, assignments and deployments for the department. Monitor performance criteria for staff members.
3. Reviews operations of the Care Management/UR department to ensure high level of quality is consistent with organization standards.
4. Reviews department performance in relation to established goals. Implements changes to effect continual improvement in services provided.
5. Interprets laws, policies, operational procedures and objectives. Ensures compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
6. Work closely with medical staff leadership, clinical department chairs and committee chairs to ensure appropriate medical staff involvement in institutional resource management efforts.
7. Participates on assigned medical staff and executive and corporate committees; promotes effective communication between departments and entities, acting as a liaison to facilitate information sharing, collaborative problem solving and adequate provision of support services; fosters and maintains collaborative relationships within the hospital and with external agencies related to quality and performance initiatives as well as day to day operations issues that may arise.
8. Directly responsible for personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, vacation schedules, and maintaining payroll records and time reports.
9. Collaborate with administration, management and educational resources to develop mechanisms for staff development and to make appropriate changes as needed to keep department current with new regulations, policies and trends in the Case Management/UR field. Identify and develop cost savings within the operation.
10. Maintain skills in case management/utilization management to allow for coverage of a caseload as needed and/or to cover staffing shortages in the department.
11. Responsible for coordinating with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health team members to expedite medically appropriate and cost-effective care applying clinical expertise and medical appropriateness criteria to resource utilization and discharge planning.
12. Participates with the patient, family and other team members to develop and make recommendations that maximize treatment and services in a cost-effective manner.
13. Assesses and responds to patient and family needs through coordinating efforts of team members.
Education: BSN required
Work Experience: 2-5 years experience as a manager of case management in an acute setting.
Licensing Requirements: Current NM RN License
This position offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, generous paid time off, and much more.
All qualified candidates please submit your resume below for immediate review
After resume submission please feel free to contact me directly:
888-788-4725 OR FAX 866-685-5103
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Please submit your information of call me Val Fernandez at 888-788-4725. or fax your information to 866-685-5103.
carter lippman group - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard