How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Patient Services Intern (Unpaid) Dallas or Fort Worth
North Texas Chapter
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is seeking an enthusiastic individual to provide marketing and communication support, as well as increase awareness for LLS and all of our fundraising campaigns. This is a great opportunity to experience working in a nonprofit environment while enhancing your professional skills.
- Assist with the planning, execution and follow-up of educational programs, including invitation mailings, follow-up phone calls and preparing materials
- Coordinate elements of promotional and grassroots marketing activities to ensure the success of events and enhance public awareness of LLS
- Post Patient Service events on community calendars
- Contact volunteers to build relationships and encourage them to participate in chapter events
- Assist with data entry
Must be able to dedicate 15-20 hours per week. Work hours are flexible in order to work around class schedules.
- Must be enrolled in a four year institution
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office and database management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment while also able to work independently
This internship is unpaid. Potential for class credit is available pending school approval.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society North Texas Chapter
Attn: Alyson Joyner
8111 LBJ Freeway, Suite 425
Dallas, TX 75251
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.