Radiology Tech - PMH - Radiology
- This position is located at Pender Memorial Hospital in Burgaw, NC.
Current NHRMC employees applying to this position should complete a Pender Memorial Hospital external application by clicking below the job description on Click Here to Apply Online . This position would not be considered an internal transfer for an NHRMC employee.
This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
Works under the supervision of the Radiology manager. Performs routine radiographic examinations. May perform CT and Mammography examinations when competency has been proven.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Upon receiving order from doctor, assesses patient condition, obtains history & informed consent as needed. Explains procedure and assists patient through procedure.
2. Performs quality patient care as evidenced by age Specific Criteria by demonstrating the ability to follow prescribed techniques in administering general & specific x-rays, adjusting equipment, determining proper voltage, current & desired exposure time, arranges immobilization and support devices to obtain position of the patient; adjust lead shields & selects proper film.
3. Completes/checks all needed paperwork to assure proper documentation of patient's and departmental forms according to departmental policy and procedure.
4. Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports/records unusual occurrences and patient's condition.
5. Prepares room, equipment, medical supplies, medicine & materials needed for procedures. Cleans rooms, equipment and restock supplies.
6. Schedules patient exams per written doctor's order. Transports patients and processes images.
7. Assists Director in maintaining radiographic technique charts and quality improvement.
8. Performs all diagnostic CT procedures per protocol.
9. Performs and documents QA/QC per section protocols.
10. Demonstrates standards of performance Ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
12. Attends 95% of all department meeting or reads and initials meeting minutes.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: High School diploma plus two years approved Radiology Technology program preferred.
2. Licensure/Certificate: ARRT certified in Radiography. BCLS required
3. Experience: Prior experience in radiology preferred. Must have considerable knowledge and skills in all general radiographic studies, Must be willing to cross train in CT and/or Mammography and prove competency.
4. Other (hours of work): Hours vary according to assignment.
5. Population Served: Neonates Infants Pediatrics Adolescents (12 – 17 years) Adults (18 – 71 years) Geriatrics ( 72 + years)