Field Technician - Mesquite, TX
Established in 1961, H&E Equipment Services is ranked in the top 10 of Rental Equipment Registry's (RER) top 100 equipment rental companies. We are a leading supplier of equipment for construction, earthmoving, compaction, paving and material handling customers. In addition to specializing in rentals and sales, we offer extensive repair and maintenance programs with comprehensive parts inventories, mobile service, planned maintenance, fleet management, crane remanufacturing and more!
The ideal candidate must be able to diagnose, operate, service, maintain, and repair various engines, heavy equipment, and machinery. This is including but not limited to hydraulic mobile bobcats, cranes, man-lifts, lift-trucks, and earth moving equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Utilizes tools, machines, and equipment such as the service truck, air and hand tools, sockets, impact, metric tools, wenches, cutting torch, hammers, cranes, service manual, laptop, drills, ratchets, voltage meter, test light, jumping wires, etc. to perform work.
· Conducts inspections, repairs and evaluations on heavy equipment and machinery.
· Demonstrates to customers how to maintain, and use machinery properly.
· Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken part.
· Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
· Cleans and lubricates equipment parts.
· Maintain records such as service reports, work order reports, time card, truck maintenance, and field inspections.
· Additional occasional projects include custom installation of auxiliary piping kits, hammers, sheers, machinery attachments; work on A/C system; trouble shoot fuel system in motor etc.
· Communicate with contacts such as the service department, parts department, customers (equipment owners), vendors, co-workers, equipment operators, production support representative, various attachment vendors, technical services, and plant managers.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience with heavy equipment repairs.
· Must be willing to travel to customer’s job sites.
· Knowledge in trouble shooting electricals over hydraulic systems on excavators, wheel loaders, booms, scissors, backhoe’s etc.
· Competency in the diagnosis, repair, and service of the equipment lines
· Must possess excellent customer service and organizational skills.
· Must be able to multi-task, and work with minimal supervision.
· Must have own tools
· Must have a strong work ethic.
· Must have clean driving record and background.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
H&E offers competitive wages, excellent benefit packages, 401k, and continuous education through numerous training programs.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and encourage women, veterans, and minorities to apply. AA/EEO
H&E Equipment Services is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Field Technician in our new facility located in Mesquite, TX!
H&E Equipment Services - 14 months ago
H&E Equipment Services, Inc. is an integrated equipment services company in the United States focused on heavy construction and...