Safely and effectively operate injection equipment (including Husky and related machinery) in accordance with production requirements. Incumbent will ensure production of a high quality product in accordance with specifications.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all assigned machines within scope of responsibility are kept running and are producing quality products.
- Check and monitor quality on machines as required. Recognize visual quality defects and make necessary adjustments to correct problems. Alert appropriate personnel to quality problems. Use Customer Profile to ensure that finished product is made to specifications.
- Maintain cycle time checks on machines as required. Maintain machine set-up sheets.
- Utilize, maintain and monitor orderly process, maintenance and machine reference logs/books. Record daily production numbers and enter information into SAP. Process production tickets and correct tickets as required.
- Complete daily log of activities in a timely manner. Record and maintain information regarding equipment downtime.
- Move materials as required using proper equipment including forklift and pallet jack.
- Assist personnel on preventive maintenance activities.
- Clearly communicate relevant information to oncoming shift personnel, supervision, maintenance and other personnel as required to ensure optimum operation.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area in accordance with Company standards.
- Follow all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) as documented in the policy.
- Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook, and as stated in the various safety-related training programs. Understand and communicate all hazards and safety issues to the appropriate personnel. Properly use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- May perform other related assignments at the direction of supervision.
This position reports directly to the shift Production Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. Prior experience in a manufacturing environment required. Prior experience with Injection machines is preferred.
Skills: Good written and verbal communications skills are required. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Incumbent must possess effective teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Skills: Incumbent must be capable of learning and successfully applying appropriate computer systems, including SAP, FMS, and Customer Profiles. Must be able to quickly grasp operation of relevant equipment and possess the ability to troubleshoot problems on such equipment. Incumbent must be able to complete required skill levels programs for Husky and demonstrate proficiency at appropriate levels.
Other: Incumbent must possess a high degree of attention to detail. Must be capable of working safely and effectively in a fast-paced, high-quality manufacturing environment. Incumbent must have the ability to interpret and carry out instructions, including Work Instructions, Master Process Book and SOP’s. Incumbent must possess basic mathematical skills. Must be able to provide a tool box and basic tools. Must be able to work a 12-hour shift schedule. Incumbent must be willing to demonstrate schedule flexibility as business needs require as well as for coverage for vacations and other absences.
Amcor - 17 months ago
Amcor Limited? Hardly. The package maker offers a near unlimited range of boxes, cartons, cans, flexible and film packaging, PET...